View Full Version : LSD for ADM Drum to drum

narchi
20th April 2008, 06:46 AM
hey guys. I'm after an aftermarket lsd (or standard if they came with em) for an ADM drum to drum diff. I don't know what size it i need as looking on the net there are like 3 different diffs for the same vehicle.
I want to keep the drum brakes as they lock up with handbrake alot nicer than the disc brakes. So hoping i can just change the diff.

If any one has one for sale that will bolt in please also pm me as i can't stand driving vehicles with open diffs. i am located in perth and would prefer to buy from here as shipping would prob kill me on a lsd.

steroidchickens
20th April 2008, 08:57 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Narchi @ Apr 20 2008, 05:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=520342)</div>
hey guys. I'm after an aftermarket lsd (or standard if they came with em) for an ADM drum to drum diff. I don't know what size it i need as looking on the net there are like 3 different diffs for the same vehicle.
I want to keep the drum brakes as they lock up with handbrake alot nicer than the disc brakes. So hoping i can just change the diff.

If any one has one for sale that will bolt in please also pm me as i can't stand driving vehicles with open diffs. i am located in perth and would prefer to buy from here as shipping would prob kill me on a lsd.[/b]

been covered heaps.

there is no such thing as an S series LSD. (adm comes with S series.)

have to upgrade to T18 or JDM ae86 diff and then you can buy aftermarket LSDs for that.

AO86
20th April 2008, 09:28 AM
if u want a lsd u need a t series diff or better
try 1 of the sponsors

riojin
20th April 2008, 10:39 AM
what you need is called a welder

Clinton
20th April 2008, 10:43 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (riojin @ Apr 20 2008, 09:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=520354)</div>
welder[/b]

nothing but a..

narchi
20th April 2008, 10:26 PM
am i able to just change the diff over and retain the drum rear end. I do have a disc to disc rear end but i really wanna keep the drums.

RobertoX
20th April 2008, 10:32 PM
t18 (te72) is a drum rear end and i can provide you with a sick lsd centre

problem solved

narchi
20th April 2008, 10:33 PM
If i change the diff and hubs to i also need to change the gearbox???
And how rare are the T18 gear boxes and diff/rear end?

Is there no way i can just change the diff and leave the axles the same?
sorry if i sound like a bit of a noob but ive always owned cars before where i had no probs finding a 2way lsd before.

gumbie
20th April 2008, 11:16 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Narchi @ Apr 20 2008, 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=520641)</div>
If i change the diff and hubs to i also need to change the gearbox???
And how rare are the T18 gear boxes and diff/rear end?

Is there no way i can just change the diff and leave the axles the same?
sorry if i sound like a bit of a noob but ive always owned cars before where i had no probs finding a 2way lsd before.[/b]

You have to change the whole diff assembly, very easy to do, you don't need to change the gearbox just use the rear half of the t18 tailshaft.

Nikkojoe
20th April 2008, 11:35 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (steroidchickens @ Apr 20 2008, 05:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=520346)</div>
been covered heaps.

there is no such thing as an S series LSD. (adm comes with S series.)[/b]

Not exactly true, there is one I know of in Perth hahaha. They do exist, but chances of actually finding one are pretty slim so it is good enough to say there aint such thing.

That said though, why bother with an S :)

Edit: You have a disc to disc rear? Give me :P

Todd
21st April 2008, 02:23 PM
i do

wink wink!

but its in my car :)

narchi
22nd April 2008, 01:30 AM
yeah i got a disc to disc rear in my hachi i am building. But i wanna keep that disc to disc due to it being a road rally car build. i did but it due to disc to disc so i could put lsd in but decided against it.

But thanks for all ur help guys. I will decide exactly what I'm doing and then search for a t18.