PDA

View Full Version : Massive wtf Toe in?

v-tec
20th April 2008, 05:33 PM
Just put in my coilovers today and adjustabl Lca's, soon as i drop the car down ive reaised the car now has an insane amount of toe in.... so much so that it was almost impossible to move the car.
I'm seriously stumped as to what could have happened, I'm almost certain none of the parts i removed can be put back in any other way than how they should be. And i highly doubt i just need a massive wheel alignment...

The thought occured that maybe a steering arm was upside down or something, but had a Look just before and they physically can't do that (and when i checked they were on right). Nothing could have been mixed up from left to right either as i did one side at a time.

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/168546.jpg

This i how it looks from the front, however if i put the steering wheel to where the wheels would normally be straight they both point inwards

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/168547.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/168548.jpg

Does anyone know what could have happened?
All that was replaced was the lca and the strut so i don't know of anything that could have put this much toe in...

Cheers

Grant

charlie_keto
20th April 2008, 05:43 PM
Hey grant,

changing ur lca's will cause ur toe angles to change aswell, depending how much longer shorter they are. Loosen both ur tie rods centre ur steering wheel and just do a quick eye toe alignment (make sure ur chock ur steering wheel so it doesnt move).

if ya need a hand give us a yell bud :).

Charlie

Javal
20th April 2008, 05:53 PM
Yep, your adjustable control arms are set alot shorter than the ones you had in there before, causing this massive toe in.

Adjust, check, repeat if necessary.

v-tec
20th April 2008, 08:18 PM
That makes lots of sense, just didnt occur to me
Hopefully thats all there is to it

Cheers guys

ke70dave
20th April 2008, 10:44 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Javal @ Apr 20 2008, 04:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=520494)</div>
Yep, your adjustable control arms are set alot shorter than the ones you had in there before, causing this massive toe in.

Adjust, check, repeat if necessary.[/b]

yeah this guy is thinking what I'm thinking

same deal when you put in sigma arms/longer lcas, cept when you put longer ones in you will get heaps of toe-out

i guess your best bet would be to try and make them the same as stock, or just set them where you want them (longer or shorter than standard, whatever), do a dodgy home wheel alignment to drive it to a tyre shop for a proper one :2thumbs:

ps: where did you get them btw? I'm looking for some S13 ones to wipe off some track...

v-tec
21st April 2008, 08:13 AM
Kyouteki ;)

samuel
21st April 2008, 11:37 AM
YOUR POINT BEING?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (v-tec @ Apr 21 2008, 07:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=520749)</div>
Kyouteki ;)[/b]

RobertoX
21st April 2008, 12:26 PM
someone asked him where he got them from

v-tec
21st April 2008, 01:51 PM
Thanks Lawson, yeah was saying where i got em from cause ke70dave asked