PDA

View Full Version : 4age Hunting

Gullie
26th April 2008, 12:00 AM
My 4age is hunting and idling at about 2000 to 2500 rpm

On the throttle body, the top two vacuum lines i have blocked off, but blocked into each other. Like one hose going from one vacuum line to the other, is this alright?

I also did the same for the bottom hoses. (waxstat?)

could this be causing the hunting? It dips to 2000 every 3 or so seconds then goes back up to 2500

My map sensor line seems to be intact, and i have the fuel reg hooked up properly.

I tried searching but it mostly came up with GZE shit.

any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Nikkojoe
26th April 2008, 12:06 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gullie @ Apr 25 2008, 09:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=522880)</div>
My 4age is hunting and idling at about 2000 to 2500 rpm

On the throttle body, the top two vacuum lines i have blocked off, but blocked into each other. Like one hose going from one vacuum line to the other, is this alright?

I also did the same for the bottom hoses. (waxstat?)

could this be causing the hunting? It dips to 2000 every 3 or so seconds then goes back up to 2500

My map sensor line seems to be intact, and i have the fuel reg hooked up properly.

I tried searching but it mostly came up with GZE shit.

any help would be appreciated.

Cheers[/b]

You have an air leak somewhere or idle screw is open too much. When the idle is too high, it will hunt as tps thinks its in idle loop.

Gullie
26th April 2008, 12:07 AM
So its nothing to do with the connected lines?

Will double check the idle screw tomorrow
and re-seal the throttle body

Nikkojoe
26th April 2008, 12:27 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gullie @ Apr 25 2008, 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=522884)</div>
So its nothing to do with the connected lines?

Will double check the idle screw tomorrow
and re-seal the throttle body[/b]

If you aint running cold start, you could just block off that bottom section with a plate or thick gasket paper....

Maybe try blocking the bottom hoses off individually too and not looping them

Gullie
26th April 2008, 12:29 AM
alright cheers for that. :)
we'll see how it goes

julzy
26th April 2008, 02:40 AM
reset the tps position, make sure no vac lines are leaking and also make sure your manifold is in one piece.