View Full Version : ADM AE86 windscreens

Waddles
6th May 2009, 08:41 PM
hey people,
can anyone help me i on the verge of getting some rust out of my AE86, the windscreen has to come out to do so, but wanting to know is it a laminated windscreen? if it isn't i can keep, but if not i need to get new one cause will break. and also where do people get there windscreens from for the 86, i would rather go straight to the right place, i'm in perth...

Nikkojoe
6th May 2009, 10:31 PM
Most places will charge around 200-300 fitted for a new windscreen. Most of the time the screen will break pulling it out even if you are careful.

Waddles
6th May 2009, 10:35 PM
ok cool, your full of information aren't ya :) your very helpful
yeah i thought the price would be that much its all good, but would these places have the ae86 windscreens in stock? or are they hard to get ya reckon?

Nikkojoe
7th May 2009, 12:08 AM
Supprisingly they seem to be not that hard to get. Just give the usual places a call and see how long the turn around time is.

Jonny Rochester
7th May 2009, 01:47 AM
I managed to get mine out without breaking. I think they are laminated, the ADM ones at least. You have to cut it out with piano wire. Start with a knife, then get one person in the car, and one person outside the car holding onto either end of the wire, and saw it out. Not easy.

Waddles
8th May 2009, 07:11 PM
no worries mate thanks for the info. i wont be actually doin it myself, but i will pass on to rust repair person i have lined up. DAMN YOU RUST!!!!

Golberg
9th May 2009, 02:23 AM
I managed to get mine out without breaking. I think they are laminated, the ADM ones at least. You have to cut it out with piano wire. Start with a knife, then get one person in the car, and one person outside the car holding onto either end of the wire, and saw it out. Not easy.

REALLY SUCKY job, but I've done it before and I got it out without damaging the screen. I used thin gauge guitar strings when I did it with mine. Took about 2 hours with 2 people, because we kept braking strings, went through about 8.

Jonny Rochester
9th May 2009, 11:35 AM
My wire was 2 strands twisted together to provide some saw cutting action.