PDA

View Full Version : EXPLAINATION PLEASE!!!!!

ke_rolla_
1st May 2008, 11:16 AM
got a problem with my k50 box it seems but am unsure, when shifting from 3-4th it just seems to die....like revs decreasing, and no throttle (seems to open up but revs wont pik up) then into 5th and all is sweet. any explaination would be sweet as I'm dumbfounded at the problem. any help appreciated cheers

flamingheads
1st May 2008, 02:08 PM
Could 4th be stuffed so when you shift into it it kind of jams everything up so the motor can't even rev properly?
Thats my only thought.

samuel
1st May 2008, 02:55 PM
Depends on if he is driving like a granny or not

monkae86
1st May 2008, 03:03 PM
make sure you're traveling atleased 60km/h before you change into 4th.

ke_rolla_
1st May 2008, 07:10 PM
have figured out its electrical but not sure what yet...wont fire when tryin to start the car in 4th with the clutch in so electrical it shall be what I'm not to sure yet....ANSWERS ANYONE

skin
1st May 2008, 07:21 PM
your shifter is pulling on your earth wire on gearbox specifically when you going to 4th :unsure:

lol dude how can it be electrical its a gearbox

Jonny Rochester
1st May 2008, 07:57 PM
There is indeed a electrical switch on the gearbox for 4th gear. When you are in 4th, a electical solenoid (on the firewall somewhere) lets more air into the carby making it run leaner, and therefor less emissions, and less fuel used on the highway.

This obviously is not working right. I think one of the vaccum hoses for this is probably split or not there at all.

Then general solution is to rip out all of the unnessesary vaccum hoses and stuff and just run one vaccum hose from the carby the the advance on the distributor. And block up the unused holes.

ke_rolla_
1st May 2008, 10:22 PM
cheers for the idea fellas i will check it out tomorow for sure... and "skin" sure i wasnt very specific but no need to get smart with things ur unsure of ay,

cheers