PDA

View Full Version : does this thing really works?

MAX86
4th May 2008, 01:18 AM
I'm not the person who is selling this
just wondering is this true

http://lcdss42.valuehost.co.uk/Ebay/power.jpg

What is the Mileage Maxx?: The Mileage Maxx is a stationary vortex generator that fits inside your air intake tube.

How it works: The Mileage Maxx produces a vortex, effect in the combustion chamber of your engine. This allows for better atomization of your fuel, resulting in more complete combustion of the available fuel.

By enhancing fuel atomization, the Mileage Maxx increases horsepower and fuel economy. Lab tests conducted by the EPA on non-moving vortex generators showed results as high as 20 horsepower and 24% increases in mileage. Other independent studies yielded results as high as 35 HP and 31% MPG. Although results varied from vehicle to vehicle, there were gains across the board, and considering the price, ease of install, and maintenance free operation, the Mileage Maxx is a worthwhile investment.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/SAVE-GAS-FUEL-31-Do...1QQcmdZViewItem (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/SAVE-GAS-FUEL-31-Dodge-Ram-Dakota-SRT-10-Sprinter_W0QQitemZ270232067400QQihZ017QQcategoryZ3 3549QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

patience
4th May 2008, 01:31 AM
It sounds like one of those fads like the power-neo magnet things, which were supposed to rearrange fuel molecules to better suit combustion. But never gave any improvement at all.

Imo, it looks very basic and if car manufacturers haven't thought of it with hundreds of millions in R&D then I would say no, it probably doesnt really work.

MAX86
4th May 2008, 01:43 AM
thats what i thought
power won't increase unless you get more air in

Konakid
4th May 2008, 03:00 AM
Just a wak gimmick, don't believe the hype....

letsgohunting
4th May 2008, 03:38 AM
My old man has a friend that bought one from the states and absolutely swears till hes blue in the face that it works as claimed.

I highly highly doubt it though

driftke70
4th May 2008, 11:40 AM
they restrict flow if anything.

Budowski
4th May 2008, 12:02 PM
1 coke can, mums bests scissors,pack of band aids and 20 minutes of patience you too could have one of these

HachiRoku
4th May 2008, 01:02 PM
Ah shit! I just ordered 12.

lol I love gadgets like this, "EPA tested and approved", surely that isn't true?

markiitourerv
4th May 2008, 01:22 PM
Genuine snake oil son.

I wonder if you put one of these on with one of those electric superchargers, magnets on the fuel
line, a fuelstar, tablets in the fuel tank, an earth lead kit, roil AND nulon in the oil, and the vapour rate
thing on the injectors, could you actually make fuel and have a 150% increase in power?

As said if it really did anything the manufacturers would have been on to it ages ago.

Most people who buy these things reckon they work just because they don't want to appear to be dupped.

Driftspec
4th May 2008, 02:23 PM
I highly doubt that these work as claimed, and I will remain a sceptic as long as no scientific evidence is produced.

These threads pop up about once a month, all with the same responses - I'll close it before anything eventuates. Same with your other thread Max...