PDA

View Full Version : Oil Pressure gone

amulday
6th May 2008, 03:47 PM
Hey Guys,

I just serviced my car, among other things I changed the oil filter and switched from the full synthetic Penrite 5 to the regular Penrite semi-synth 5 HPR stuff.

I fill the engine up with oil and turn her over and let the sweet golden juices work through, turn the engine off and check the levels, everythings ok. I then hop in to go for abit of a drive and notice there's no pressure, everythings up tight, no leaking and car is running super smooth. This have never happened before but I've never used the Penrite Semi-Synth 5 before just wondering if that could effect any form of pressure sensor?? Waked idea I know but I'm outta any other ideas.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks
Sam

Bobomacho
6th May 2008, 03:53 PM
i should think if you really had lost oil pressure you would have spun a bearing by now.
make sure the plug for the pressure sensor hasn't fallen off because they do when you play with the filters

amulday
6th May 2008, 04:10 PM
I just went out and checked, I knew the sensor wire was still connected, but at closer inspection the copper wire seems to have just snapped from the connector. Easy fix.

Thanks bobo

Bobomacho
7th May 2008, 12:06 AM
no wuckers!