PDA

View Full Version : Crank pulley markings

reecegze
8th May 2008, 12:57 PM
Does the 4agze crank pulley have any marking for the TDC ?? i can't seem to find any on my 4agze pulley i am in the middle of doing bigport na cams and i got my markings lined up on the cam pulleys but the crank is out of placement..

Jonny Rochester
8th May 2008, 01:30 PM
I think there are 2 styles of markings, depending if the motor was from a MR2 or a Corolla/Sprinter.

The Corolla style has markings on the plastic timingbelt cover, and a single notch on the crank pulley

The MR2 style has a couple of notches on the crank pulley, and a single metal pointer attatched to the oil pump or block? which is near 12 oclock on the pulley.

Trev084
8th May 2008, 11:44 PM
If you want another way of doing it, The keyway for the crank pulley is pointing straight up at TDC.

Nikkojoe
9th May 2008, 02:09 AM
There should be a thumb sized dimple on the crank pulley. That should line up with a pin that sticks out of the hole where the timing belt tensioner bolt is (well the pin is actually part of the bolt so if you line it up with that you will be fine).

reecegze
9th May 2008, 08:18 AM
Hey guys ive got a ae92 motor , its got a crank pointer on the tensioner pulley , but having troubles finding the notch on the pulley is its all chipped lol

riceburner
9th May 2008, 10:50 AM
Post a pic, then people can see what you see and help identify your correct markings.

Trev084
9th May 2008, 06:40 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (reecegze @ May 9 2008, 07:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=528611)</div>
Hey guys ive got a ae92 motor , its got a crank pointer on the tensioner pulley , but having troubles finding the notch on the pulley is its all chipped lol[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Trev084 @ May 8 2008, 10:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=528541)</div>
If you want another way of doing it, The keyway for the crank pulley is pointing straight up at TDC.[/b]