PDA

View Full Version : what do i need to keep..ae82 4age...to ae71

solidc10
8th May 2008, 02:50 PM
I'm striping a ae82 4age.....to put into a ae71 what do i need to keep to do the convertion?
what parts of the loom do i need..... :unsure:

biggo
9th May 2008, 12:00 AM
keep the entire engine munis gbox

get as much loom as you can, the more the better but you can do with just the engine bay loom. umm i kept the cat, charcoal canister, umm lots and lots of lines (fuel,wiper etc) keep radiator just incase, all water hoses

i hope youve got the idea?

Gullie
9th May 2008, 12:19 AM
make sure u cut the body loom plug to the ecu.

and yeah just grab every fuel line/water/vacuum line off the car and keep all of them in a box. theyll come in very handy later on.
get the remote thermostat housing too.

slide86
9th May 2008, 02:54 AM
^^^ the loom plug jase refers to is the one that has the wires to power up the ecu.

don't cut any plugs off the loom in the engine bay.

the exhaust manifold is NO good to you. bin it. also, so is the intake manifold, unless you cut and shut it

Nikkojoe
9th May 2008, 10:08 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (slide86 @ May 8 2008, 11:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=528604)</div>
the exhaust manifold is NO good to you. bin it.[/b]

Well not technically so (well for the secondaries part anyway). Also do not chuck out the O2 sensor with the fwd exhaust mainfold :)

If you end up using a jdm rwd exhaust manifold, you will need the fwd flange from the secondaries if you don't get secondaries with the rwd manifold (makes it extremely easy and less costly for an exhaust shop then).