PDA

View Full Version : Map sensors and dizzys!

bryzilla
9th May 2008, 02:31 PM
1. I'm trying to confirm which Map sensor is the correct part for a RWD JDM Bigport 16v 4age. Currently I'm using part no. 89421-14010, however I'm not 100% that its the correct one for the engine, as the car has gone from 4ac>4agze>4agte>4age.

Or are all Map sensors across the 4ages interchangeable?

2. Also I'm wanting to replace the dizzy cap and rotor button as a part general maintenance, are these parts interchangeable from any other 4age's? Or do I specifically need to order through toyota japan...

3. BCP6RE vs BCP6RES sparkplugs, according to NGK, the S stands for super copper something rather.. which one is better to use?

The reason I ask is i took out the 100km old ray charles spec BCP6RE's, and threw in some used BCP6RES from my skyline that i had laying around, and the car idled 10x better and was noticeably smoother through the rev range.. although theres a fair chance that one of the old plugs may have been damaged/not firing.. I forgot to check :P

4. Not running an 02 sensor currently, does the wire need to be grounded or anything?

Thanks for your help :)

bry

biggo
9th May 2008, 03:36 PM
S on the spark plug is the electrode design.

o2 sensors are ground thru the exhaust arent they?

verm69
9th May 2008, 03:40 PM
pretty sure the dizzy parts you can get off a specific model of 4WD from Toyota and they're cheaper for the same parts...

i haven't done this myself though... a mate had to replace his and the toyota guy told him and saved him some $$

bryzilla
9th May 2008, 04:02 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (biggo @ May 9 2008, 02:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=528770)</div>
S on the spark plug is the electrode design.

o2 sensors are ground thru the exhaust arent they?[/b]

Thanks, but please reread my questions, I'm aware the electrode design is different, I'm asking which is more beneficial to run in a 4age.

And I'm not running an 02 sensor, I know they are ground through the exhaust - my question is, since the connector isnt plugged into anything (and the ecu isnt getting a reading) should i be grounding this wire.

bryzilla
9th May 2008, 04:02 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (VeRm69 @ May 9 2008, 02:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=528773)</div>
pretty sure the dizzy parts you can get off a specific model of 4WD from Toyota and they're cheaper for the same parts...

i haven't done this myself though... a mate had to replace his and the toyota guy told him and saved him some $$[/b]

Oh ok, are you able to find out which model exactly? :)

verm69
9th May 2008, 04:27 PM
i'll try but i can't promise anything

:2thumbs:

Wezelton
9th May 2008, 07:23 PM
aw11 has the same top plug dizzy design as jdm 4age

Mr Fujiwara
9th May 2008, 07:26 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wezelton @ May 9 2008, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=528867)</div>
aw11 has the same top plug dizzy design as jdm 4age[/b]

does this mean i was to go to Burson and order a Dizzy rotor and cap for an AW11, this would directly bolt on to my JDM bigport?