PDA

View Full Version : anything to keep of a 4ac?

wide s13
12th May 2008, 07:05 PM
hey guys ive pulled out the 4ac out my spare parts rolla.
as i needed the crossmember and caster arms.
it had a blown headgasket and hasnt been drivin for 6months.
just wondering if i should keep any parts of it? or just scrap it?
i have a daily ae71 with 4age 16valve motor.ive confiscrated the engine mounts as
mine are shagged lol any brackets which corisponds to the 4age motor?
cheers
cheers

Clinton
12th May 2008, 07:09 PM
starter motor could come in handy

flamingheads
12th May 2008, 09:56 PM
Alternator I believe bolts almost straight to the 4AG

Jonny Rochester
13th May 2008, 12:41 AM
Alternator with matching 4A-C crank pulley and braket will go onto a 4A-GE, if you modify the bracket, but its not a pretty sight.

Cam pulley could be used to make a adjustable 4A-GE one? Not sure.

Timing belt idler is the same.

Keep the RWD waterpump and fan, and thermostate housing. And keep the RWD dipstick, and metal water pipe that runs along the right of the block.

Keep the little threaded pipe that holds the oil filter on. If you go 20valve, you want that.

And of course, keep engine mounts.

Jonny Rochester
13th May 2008, 12:42 AM
[attachment=25744:time_005.jpg]
[attachment=25743:tank_002.jpg]

And I used the 4A-C timing belt to make the tracks of a small tracked vehicle, a remote control tank. Actualy computer controlled, not remote at all. But programable.

parrot
13th May 2008, 12:50 AM
As you do.

Nikkojoe
13th May 2008, 12:51 AM
lol, 4ac alternator is shit, low current output not enough for a 4age (well it is but only JUST) so don't bother. Also would mean that your crank pulley and water pump pulley need changing to 4ac style so thats stupid aswell (just use a 4ac bracket to mount).

wide s13
13th May 2008, 02:41 PM
thanks guys i shall rip thos parts of it.

Driftspec
13th May 2008, 11:10 PM
OMG Jonny - thats the best thing you can do with 4AC belts when you don't need them!

Nerdy, yet classy as well :)

Jonny Rochester
14th May 2008, 12:13 AM
Yeah thanks, I'm a nerd. :mellow:

I was a "mature" age student at uni last year. Mechanical engineering. That was one of my projects. It goes quite fast up the backyard, considering I didn't buy it from a shop. It is programable with a laptop, although very very simple. Designing it all in CAD was not the hardest part, more doing the stupid reports and giving a presentation about it.

parrot
14th May 2008, 12:21 AM
You crack me up........and I mean that in the nicest possible way!

About time you got a few kids to keep you busy.

Jonny Rochester
14th May 2008, 12:51 AM
Thanks. Yeah, 19 year old kids that can't even use a hacksaw without cutting themself. So frustrating!

If only I could pay one of them to do the calculus exam for me, I would have a chance at finishing uni.

Cerby
14th May 2008, 01:07 AM
pffftt yours sucked jonny our groups was awesome!!!! If there had been an extra challenge like pitting the robots against each other yours and mine would have kicked arse!!!
I'll see if i can find a pic of mine :P
Edit: Well i only have cad drawings of it! You guys will just have to imagine a robot that wieghed around 10 times what everyone elses (except jonny) robots and had fold up up arms that came down like guillotines when the trip switch was activated!!!

Jonny Rochester
14th May 2008, 01:24 AM
You are right. When a "robot" has a big motor and folding guillotines but no brain, its time to put on your safety glasses!!

Edit: As if your CAD drawing would have looked anything like what you built... :lol:

parrot
14th May 2008, 11:59 AM
Oooh! Do I see a Godzilla vs Mothra robot challenge coming on?
:lol:

kaibeecee
14th May 2008, 01:47 PM
the only thing i'd keep of a 4ac is a fond memory of the day it gets left at the dump.

:)

Cerby
14th May 2008, 07:56 PM
they were dam close except for all the twisted wire prongs :P