PDA

View Full Version : 20v turbo

ShaunLovell
13th May 2008, 07:59 PM
hey guys,
does ayone know what to do as far as running oil line for a turbo on a 20v? is there an easy adaptor or do i have to tap into the block?
any help would be muchly appreciated,
cheers

350hp4agte
13th May 2008, 08:36 PM
ya take out the oil light sender witch is on the top half on the passenger side of the block at the front (from memery its bellow the first and second exhaust port) replace that with a tee piece from autobarn or one of those joints (vdo i think is the brand) you have to take in your sender so they no what size the thread is

the tee piece screws into the block and leaves you with two new ports one you use to attach a braided oil line to the turbo (you will have to get made) and the other you can use for a oil pressure guage sender or be dodgy and just screw your oil light sender back in

ShaunLovell
13th May 2008, 09:11 PM
thanks mate, much appreciated. whats the best way about doing the return??
cheers

350hp4agte
13th May 2008, 09:27 PM
take off your sump drill a hole in the very top as high as ya can on the side at the front ( fattest part) iether get someone to weld in a hose fitting or use a threaded hose fitting with a copper washer and a nut

make sure you use a larger hose than the feed line as oil is not under pressure at this point 1/2 inch or so and try and make it flow nice and straight from the turbo to the sump no big bends or anything

note that if ya drill the hole for the oil return line up hi watch out that you don't put put the hose fitting right near a bolt for the sump !! i came real close to doing this