View Full Version : what cud be wrong ?

loc33e
14th May 2008, 10:33 PM
as above guys my motor cuts out after about 5-10mins as i start it during the day .. after it dies out i can't start it anymore

unless i leave it to cool for a good 5-10 mins again and then it starts and does the same problem .. what could be the

problem? btw sry bout all the stupid questions ive been asking .. everytime i get sumthing fixed, theres another problem, derno

wen I'm gna get the hachi going =( only thing keeping me goin is tell myself I'm one step closer and its alll gna be worth the

wait !

cheers boys !

kazman
14th May 2008, 10:38 PM
Is it a distributor or coil-pack?
From the information given, the perpetrating factors are temperature and time.
A bad coil pack fits this criteria (I think but I'm no mechanic).
The temperature goes up during a relatively short period of time in the coil pack.

Gullie
14th May 2008, 10:57 PM
i swear somebody posted the exact same problem like a couple of days ago?

*edit*

ahh yes here it is
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/board/in...showtopic=31748 (http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/board/index.php?showtopic=31748)

loc33e
14th May 2008, 11:33 PM
umm its got a dizzy not coils ..

and yeh I'm the same dude that started that thread aswell, sry for the double post !

ke70dave
14th May 2008, 11:54 PM
its "could" not "cud"

you sound like 13yr old....

now on to your car

for the purpose of the rest of use, can you give a brief explanation as to your setup.

i can only assume its a 4age, what fuel system, is the engine stock?

then answer these:

is it always the exact same temperature that it stops working at?
is it always the exact amount of time?
when it doesn't start, do you get fuel and spark? have you checked this?
when did you first get this problem, was it suddenly like this, or has it slowly occured?
what have you tried?
have you replaced anything that has no effect on the problem?

just need more info to diagnose a problem..especially via text medium.. :2thumbs:

slide86
15th May 2008, 01:38 AM
ecotec commodores do this all the time, its the crank angle sensor that causes it.

id say that your sensor in the dizzy, or the dizzy itself is no good.