View Full Version : 4age

xdanielx
15th May 2008, 08:36 PM
got the corolla lastnight

sometimes i start it, it will start spluttering but i turn it off and start it again straight away and its fine

and twice today ive gone to take off from the lights and its don't the same thing, and once again switch it off and back on again and away it goes

any thoughts?

its a JDM bigport map sensor 4age....so I'm told

Thanks

xdanielx
15th May 2008, 08:38 PM
kinda feels fuel realated, has a surge tank and vl pump...thats all i know of

70XIN
16th May 2008, 04:30 PM
try the usual checks (that should really be done anyway)

-spark plugs, replace if looking a bit shithouse
-fuel filter, change regardless
-check all vaccum lines are connected to something, not just swaying around in the breeze (probably not this)

now, while things might not be close, they could be something

robo86's car had some dramas with fuel filters, and then fuel pump itself

xdanielx
16th May 2008, 08:40 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (70XIN @ May 16 2008, 03:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=531939)</div>
try the usual checks (that should really be done anyway)

-spark plugs, replace if looking a bit shithouse
-fuel filter, change regardless
-check all vaccum lines are connected to something, not just swaying around in the breeze (probably not this)

now, while things might not be close, they could be something

robo86's car had some dramas with fuel filters, and then fuel pump itself[/b]

I'm not sure if it has a lift pump, could this be the prob? its almost like it needs 2 goes at getting the fuel upto the motor...

in other cars, when u turn the ignition on id wait till the pump is primed(wait till the buzzing stops), this one only starts making noise when u actually crank the car over, was thinking bout re wiring the power wire.

slide86
17th May 2008, 01:47 AM
nah, thats how its supposed to be.

sounds like there isnt enough fuel pressure at the engine.

what car is this?

xdanielx
17th May 2008, 09:22 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (slide86 @ May 17 2008, 12:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=532346)</div>
nah, thats how its supposed to be.

sounds like there isnt enough fuel pressure at the engine.

what car is this?[/b]

its a ke70, I'm also gonna look at the fuel lines sometime today to see if they have been replaced with bigger ones, but it does run fine just splutters every now n then

revs out dosent miss a beat

but when it starts to splutter it wouldn't rev past 2000rpm, but switch the car off and straight back on and its fine

gumbie
17th May 2008, 09:10 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xdanielx @ May 17 2008, 08:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=532385)</div>
its a ke70, I'm also gonna look at the fuel lines sometime today to see if they have been replaced with bigger ones, but it does run fine just splutters every now n then

revs out dosent miss a beat

but when it starts to splutter it wouldn't rev past 2000rpm, but switch the car off and straight back on and its fine[/b]

The above quote makes it sound more like an electrical issue than a fuel issue to me.

xdanielx
9th June 2008, 10:15 AM
ok its doing it more constant now, feels like its goin into limp mode or something, take off from the lights it just cuts and and wont rev over 1000 rpm, then i turn it on and off again and then its fine!

pissing me off!!! lol

should i pursue it or just buy carbs lol??

Nikkojoe
9th June 2008, 06:01 PM
Change the intake temp sensor/unplug it for a week and see how it runs (may use a bit more fuel though). I sort of had the same problem before and it turned out to be the manifold air temp sensor (its the round yellow 2 pin plug screwed into the intake manfold).