PDA

View Full Version : 4agze not boosting

spaniel
16th May 2008, 06:59 PM
hi guys i have a question I'm hoping you will be able to help me i got my car going
and the supercharger is spinning but i am getting no boost whatsoever the boost gauge reads 0 and it feels insactly the same as when it was n/a
I'm really confused as to what is going on can you help me thanks

biggo
16th May 2008, 11:11 PM
can you see the clutch on the sc engage/diengage?

plug in etc etc

callum1
16th May 2008, 11:19 PM
yea it sounds like a clutch problem. rev it by hand hard so the clutch should engage. with your head in the engine bay so you can see if the little clutch thing pops down.

Buz138
18th May 2008, 11:23 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (callum1 @ May 16 2008, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=532269)</div>
yea it sounds like a clutch problem. rev it by hand hard so the clutch should engage. with your head in the engine bay so you can see if the little clutch thing pops down.[/b]

Don't know much about SC's but i think it could only be the clutch or related to what ever mech or electric component controls the clutch????

Sounds like its not engauging!

Good luck!

egg_83
18th May 2008, 01:32 PM
the easiest way is to disconnect the clutch plug and just run a direct line to the battery. You then don't need the car running and you can hear if it is engaging this is how i sorted mine out (thanks to more knowlegable people on here)

samuek
18th May 2008, 04:11 PM
check all your plugs etc make sure they are pluged in properly, mainly AFM plug ( if you have one) or the throttle sensor plug , cause if either of them arnt connected properly then the ecu will put the car into like a safe mode were the car wont engage in boost....

happened to me a couple weeks ago lol

make sure the car is of when you do it ( and make sure they are all plugged in all the way )

verm69
19th May 2008, 10:34 AM
i have a problem like this... it boosts in neutral, but won't boost in gear... but i think my problem may be the microtech

check the clutch as said...