View Full Version : REAR Anti Roll Bar on a KE70

tetsujin
20th May 2008, 08:01 PM
Hi all,

As some of you know, I am based in the UK, but we have KE70's here.

I know that the AE70 has a rear ARB but on mine its not got one.

I have fitted a JDM rear axel so it has the fittings ON THE AXEL to mount the ARB but I have NO fitting area on the CHASSIS to mount the ARB.

So what I am asking is how you mounted it if you don't have a ARB as std

OR

Any photos of what the mounting points are like on say an AE86 for me too look at.

cheers
Adam :)

Gilly
20th May 2008, 09:11 PM
fit your ARB to the diff in the car WITH the AE86 chassis brackets fitted to the bar (same as KE70) then you can swing the bar up to its normal (fitted) position and the chassis brackets will be able to be marked against your KE body. then get your drill out :)

Konakid
20th May 2008, 09:27 PM
As gilly said then either tap threads into the chassis or put a metal plate on the inside with holes in it and run an extra long bolts through to the insde with a nut on the end to hold it in place

tetsujin
20th May 2008, 09:52 PM
cheers guys,

Thats pretty much what I had in ind, except, I can't remember what style they bolted to the chassis?

Were the captive nuts?

As to be honest, I don't wana weld anything so I was gonna go the 'Long bolt through the chassis leg style'! :D

What I wasnt sure was if I should use some sort of metal tube (say about 10mm diamiter) and use it in the holes to stop the chassis was from crushing inor is that a bit extreme?

Gilly
21st May 2008, 07:11 AM
no thats not extreme, if you have the room i'd do it, i can't quite remember the space you have under there though.

Meathead #2's method is probably easier and will be effective. cut 2 metal plates to act as a bidg washer so each bolt doesn't crush the rail when tightened. using the plates will spread the "torque" and prevent the rail from crushing. not that it should be done up excessively bullshit tight anyway, once nipped up you should just need an extra 1/4 turn maybe to ensure its secured.

Gribble
21st May 2008, 08:54 AM
Fish plates with crush tubes FTW. Or you will crush your chassis rail and it will all come loose. :2thumbs: