PDA

View Full Version : 7k engine

dj_chetti
21st May 2008, 12:06 AM
hey people, ive got a 4k in my rolla atm and i have heard that its heaps easy to put a 7k in, so i was wondering if they were any good, and also if the manifold from the 4k will bolt up the same??

Jonny Rochester
21st May 2008, 12:18 AM
It is a very easy conversion. Most things should bolt up and swap over. Not sure specificaly about the manifolds, but they look the same and should bolt up or come close. The 7K dizzy is worth having as it's electronic ignition, and your 4K most likely is not.

rollaclub.com is the place

japlish
21st May 2008, 10:12 AM
you'll have to mod the sump too as its too tall, and 4k manifolds fit.

samuel
21st May 2008, 12:34 PM
Torque monster that is bullet proof

I reckon you could get one of these to rev at 8500 all day every day

Balance the bottom end, stick a cam in it and it would haul.

Being EFI theres so much more you could do with it

ae71
21st May 2008, 04:59 PM
in standard for they arnt exactly exeptional, don't forget they are an old van motor not a "sports" orentated motor like a 4age etc.

they seem to be quite popular. being a 1.8 you would expet descent pull over a 4k, i guess they would be quite similar to a 3tc in performance, which i can tell you isnt too bad even in stock form. bigger carb (weber) and larger exhaust and should go quite descent and cheapish to.

pebbles
21st May 2008, 05:06 PM
i don't know about cheapish ive seen them go fairly expensive, but yeah, definitly an easier and cheaper swap over say a 4age

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
bigger carb (weber) and larger exhaust and should go quite descent and cheapish to.[/b]
i thought they were EFI?

Jonny Rochester
21st May 2008, 05:10 PM
Some are EFI, as in "7K-E", the older ones are carby.

dj_chetti
21st May 2008, 07:31 PM
i rang city dismantlers today just to get a rough estimate of a price and they recon $2500 for the efi!?!?!?!

does anyone know how much u can get a carby 1 for?? and where??

Gullie
21st May 2008, 11:41 PM
try self serve wrecker. youll get it cheap as if ya find one.

or try toyota wreckers

city dismantlers will blow your wallet up.. then spit all over it.

Micknofx
22nd May 2008, 12:12 AM
hahaha I usually call city dismantlers first... then work my way down in price from there.

lowau
22nd May 2008, 11:44 AM
They are from 95/6-98 liteace vans. I think they only came out carby for a year and then they went to EFI.

We are in the process of putting one in my mates KE30 2 door sedan. Its a big step up from a 1.1L 2spd auto to a 1.8L 5spd, hahaha.

The 7K that he bought was already modified, all thats need to be done is the sump to be cut and shut to fit clear the cross member and swap your old engine mounts or get KE30 ones so it can fit. You can run 4K manifolds and carb.

Also they supposedly don't like to rev as they are long stroke and would have massive piston speed at 6000rpm let alone 8500rpm, lol