View Full Version : hydralic clutch into KE70

Simon-AE86
25th May 2008, 05:08 PM
Gday guys... been a while since ive worked on toyota's but I'm building this KE70 project atm with an SR in it, its a manual KE70 and i wanted to put a hydralic clutch set up in it.

Went and bought a Sprinter peddle box and master, however the bracket doesnt look like it will clear the brake peddle box...now I'm a little stumped at this point, what do other people do?

I considered putting in the sprinter brake and clutch peddle boxes into the KE70, but the brake peddle box that is in there atm is all one piece and is part of the steering column bracket also.

stanzzza
25th May 2008, 05:22 PM
ae71 pedals is the go

Simon-AE86
25th May 2008, 05:40 PM
just the clutch or brake and clutch?

federal
25th May 2008, 07:38 PM
easiest way is to use the complete (brake and clutch) ae71 pedal box

ke70dave
25th May 2008, 07:38 PM
this is an ae71 pedal box

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/162199.jpg

your ae86 one shoudl look very similar to that,

there will be something simliar looking in your ke70, just not as big.

you need to take it ALL out, and replace it with the ae86/ae71 one.

Simon-AE86
25th May 2008, 08:08 PM
interesting.... cause that doesnt look anything like what i have!

will post a pic up soon

slydar
25th May 2008, 09:43 PM
you can use an ae86 clutch pedal, but its not gonna bolt up. youll need to get a little creative, the way i did it youll need to weld some flat bar to the 86 pedal as an extension so you can secure the 86 clutch pedal to the 70 pedal box. i suggest removing the whole dash so you can see what youre doing.

also if you try this, the clutch MC wont end up in the stock location (the 70 has a flat area as provision for the MC, it wont end up there).

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/8/3815.jpg

theres an incentive.

86 pedal, in and working. you will notice that the 86 pedal comes down from the right hand side of the column, the 71 pedal is more like a celica, and comes down from the left.

i actually think the 86 pedal is a slightly better set up, as it leaves more room for to rest your left foot.

sly1300
26th May 2008, 02:33 AM
oh dear god.. pedal box swaps.

ae71 goes straight into a ke70. couple of holes to drill for clutch master to bolt thru firewall.

but i hope you have patience, just did this swap to a mates car on the weekend. its a rather fiddly and time consuming job.

* hint*
take pedals off the new box before trying to squeeze it back in up there, then bolt pedals on once box is bolted in.

h1_roll4
26th May 2008, 05:30 PM
ae86 pedalbox takes alot of work to get in

ae71 fits straight in, you just need to drill 3 holes in the firewall and cut or gring down the plug hole from the cable clutch so the new master cylinder fits

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
but i hope you have patience, just did this swap to a mates car on the weekend. its a rather fiddly and time consuming job.[/b]
agreed, a bitch of a job and it takes some time, you have to take most of the dash out to

Simon-AE86
26th May 2008, 06:46 PM
did some ringing around, NO one has AE71 peddle boxes in adelaide, so i might just use the sprinter one.

anyone got some tips on how to go about it?