PDA

View Full Version : bang for your buck brake pads!

ke70_sa
27th May 2008, 03:00 PM
hi guys,

i recently purchased a coilover setup and they have the ae71 panel van calipers, i was wondering what the best pads are for these under $50.

but i dunno if a thread has been made like this before, so i thought id also put it out there as to what the best pads are for all models (KE70, 86, etc.)

cheers

ae71
27th May 2008, 03:43 PM
QMF pads seem to be a reasonable spec at a reasonable price..

i brought a front set of ferrodo zero pads ages ago and they actually stood up for quite a few hard laps on the track, they where still fairly new back then htye are under half worn now and they are starting to get a bit ordinary, they get too hot to quickly now. they didnt have much bite either, you had to get onto the pedal to get them braking.

also there was a "big brake discussion" covering pads rotors fluid multi piston callipers etc, its well worth a read. seeing as you just went to the troble/expense of buying a coilover setup it would warrant some descent pads yeah? I'm fairly sure AE71 panel vans had adm sprinter brakes?

federal
27th May 2008, 05:26 PM
^correct, ae71 panel vans did have sprinter struts in them...so any pad to suit the Aus sprinter will suit....

but for $50 your really not going to get much more than stock replacements....don't be such a jew on the second most important part of a car....

rthy
27th May 2008, 07:12 PM
talk to Justin he will hook you up some some soft qfm pads for your budget I would think

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/board/in...hp?showforum=61 (http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/board/index.php?showforum=61)

ae86rally
27th May 2008, 07:29 PM
youve got me puzzled, you spend money upgrading a suspension and then you want to cut costs on brakes???? spend a bit more money and put a good set on. They only have to pull you up short once to pay for themselves.

choom78
28th May 2008, 01:10 AM
lucas seem decent value for performance. Though not under $50.

RobertoX
28th May 2008, 01:50 AM
ill do a good price on the lucas