PDA

View Full Version : acceleration bog

zed x
29th May 2008, 07:18 PM
hey all

i bought a ae86 a couple of weeks back and have now finally fixed the broken axle that it had...
now with 2 swheels driving it ive finally been able to see how hard it goes and first impression - disapointed:(

#1 it jsut doesnt pull anywhere newar as hard as i thought it would despite hhaviing a 20valve in it plus exhast, quads, microtech etc etc

#2 when i put my foot down at certain rpm's it bogs fairly bad then after starts reving out.

#3 it seems too hit a certain rev limit annd stops pulling all together. now i don't have a tacho in the car so i have no idea what rpm I'm doing, I'm guessing around 6-7. I'm not sure if its the rev limit on the microtech but i thought when the rev limiters kick in they make a - well rev limiting sound lol...

now I'm jsut wondering can these 3 things be put down to a bad tune with the computer???

also, it doesnt have any cold start um 'features'??? it takes a long time to warm up annd the prevous owner said it doesnt have a cold start valve and what not, so i gues my question to that is can the mircotech be tuned so itll idol when cold and not cough n splutter? or do i have to wire up a new cold start valve or a 5th injector or whatever the hel it it that makes car run smooth when cold...

and in case you couldnt tell, yes this is my first sprinter, and I'm new to owning a car with a aftermarket computer haha

rthy
29th May 2008, 07:21 PM
you seriously need a tune, I would personally be betting it would fix everything

zed x
29th May 2008, 07:33 PM
so drive in/drive out (minus $500) and shell be sweet..

lol thats kinda what i wanted to hear

how much does a tune ususally cost or is it impossible to quote?

rthy
29th May 2008, 07:35 PM
sorry I don't know

kaibeecee
29th May 2008, 07:54 PM
price obviously depends on who your tuner is, and how many hour(s) it takes on the dyno

dustyae86
30th May 2008, 09:00 AM
generally, dyno rates start at $110 an hour

zed x
1st June 2008, 11:45 AM
ok thanks

also what enables he cold start to function.

do they jsut tune the ecu so that when its cold it gets more fuel and what not or do you need cold start valves or some other stuff hooked up. spose what I'm trying to ask is if i should do anything to my car b4 i take it to get tuned

RobertoX
1st June 2008, 03:44 PM
Try and work out what the set up is, what sensors are feeding the computer. Some sort of engine temp sensor is obviously needed for cold start features.
Make some calls, find someone who knows how to setup and tune microtech. Speak to them about what is needed, if you don't have the correct stuff then get it and wire it in.
Take it and get it tuned....