PDA

View Full Version : Automatic AE86 mmmm

barnzy88
30th May 2008, 08:03 PM
looking for a auto AE86 just want to see wats out there .

I know Auto .... but i just want a good daily that is practical

cheers

4door
30th May 2008, 08:06 PM
sr20de auto silvia would be better... proberly cheaper also !

barnzy88
30th May 2008, 08:10 PM
mm yeah but i really really like a ae86

Brenton 86
30th May 2008, 08:26 PM
you wont find one, only can out in europe and usa i beleive

4door
30th May 2008, 08:27 PM
get an auto b16 civic, far better than an auto ae86.

DRFTAE86
30th May 2008, 08:33 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BACKSTAR @ May 30 2008, 07:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=538958)</div>
looking for a auto AE86 just want to see wats out there .

I know Auto .... but i just want a good daily that is practical

cheers[/b]

What the hell isn't practical about having a Manuel??

Sounds like your either just a lazy driver, a one legged dude or just don't have a Manuel license.

Javal
30th May 2008, 08:33 PM
can we ban trueno_kim from posting please?

Backstar:

You'd have to import one from Japan. chances of finding one in Aus already are slim, although there are 2 or 3 i know of.

But you'd be much, much MUCH</span>[/b] better off JUST LEARNING HOW TO DRIVE A MANUAL.

4door
30th May 2008, 08:38 PM
ban me because i give an unbiassed view and advise him to get a civic ?

what is wrong with him getting a civic ?

... oh i get it... u can't drift civics, so it can't be good ??

biassed ??

civic are reliable, reasonably priced, easy to get parts for and make a great daily car.

SNAP
30th May 2008, 08:41 PM
no, you're just an idiot.

kthxbye

4door
30th May 2008, 08:42 PM
think about it, some guy asked about auto car...

i told him get a civic... u ask for me to be banned.

u r instigating things, be peaceful.

barnzy88
30th May 2008, 08:50 PM
mm I'm lazy fair lazy

ah i just would like an auto for the hell of it. and i know manuals are betta

cheers

Javal
30th May 2008, 08:51 PM
Be intelligible. Or (metaphorically) silent.

I told him to learn to drive a manual.

Clearly he wants an AE86.

Otherwise he wouldn't be asking on an AE86 forum?

As i am SURE you are aware, many AE86 enthusiasts are MORE than happy to pay top coin to get a Sprinter, be it Levin or Trueno from japan. One which suits them and their needs. But CLEARLY you haven't picked this up.

If he has one arm or is incredibly stubborn, then sure here's his option to suit. i gave him this in my first post in the thread. But a much easier road to Ae86 ownership is learning to drive a manual.

Javal 3, Truenokim 0

4door
30th May 2008, 08:52 PM
i only do city driving so i find sometimes wishing i had an auto.

i am sure a lot of others feel this way too,

pebbles
30th May 2008, 09:31 PM
you can get a slopbox from an ae71 and put it in relatively easily id say

but as everyone on here will tell you
just get manual, its really not that hard,

hachirusto
30th May 2008, 09:36 PM
but whats the point of a ae86 if its auto , it wont drift :P

rthy
30th May 2008, 09:51 PM
I'm sure they will find away..
anyways jack the auto 4ac box from one of them auto ae71s...
and the only auto 4age's iv seen at the aw11 auto and ae92/101 20v auto

Jarrod
30th May 2008, 09:56 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hachirusto @ May 30 2008, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=539060)</div>
but whats the point of a ae86 if its auto , it wont drift :P[/b]

it may not be as easy or any where as good but, auto's are driftable.

and he also mentioned he wanted it for a daily.... so he might not want to slide it any way.

EDIT: don't get me wrong, i do think an auto 86 would be gay n a waste and he should just learn to drive manual.

wide s13
30th May 2008, 10:15 PM
buy a manual ae86 and ill swap it to auto for you i have it all sitting in the ae71 spare parts car :)
pedal box,auto,crossmembers,tailshaft etc etc and ill keep the t50 pedal box and tailshaft for the changeover?

Javal
30th May 2008, 10:21 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jarrod @ May 30 2008, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=539068)</div>
don't get me wrong, i do think an auto 86 would be gay n a waste and he should just learn to drive manual.[/b]

+1, if that's what he wants then yeah, but it's worth learning to drive a manual just so you can do it should the need arise, i.e. need to borrow parents 4wd to tow, it's manual, or taking your mates new car for a test drive etc etc.

riojin
30th May 2008, 10:35 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hachirusto @ May 30 2008, 08:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=539060)</div>
but whats the point of a ae86 if its auto , it wont drift :P[/b]

um what do you thing "D" is for :teehee:

Javal
30th May 2008, 10:43 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (riojin @ May 30 2008, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=539088)</div>
um what do you thing "D" is for :teehee:[/b]

OMG me and vasili modified the D for dero on the commodore shifta to B for....

...i'm just going to stop now and continue drinking.

quadeyquade
30th May 2008, 11:47 PM
Well why don't we find out why he wants a auto? if its cause he can't drive a manual, well fair enough. or if its cause he already has a track car, fair enough also lol. but if its cause he doesnt know how to drive a manual, but i doubt that, tell him to man up lol.

learning to drive a manual is easier than getting a auto sprinter IMO

FLT LNR
31st May 2008, 12:51 AM
Once you did go through the headache and money to find one, after 6 months you'd hate yourself, as you fall asleep
at the wheel of your boring slushbox.

unless you can't drive manual by law, buy a 600 dollar ke70 bomb manual with a few weeks rego left, and learn on that.

then when you've done that, sell it for around the same price, and go back to plan A of getting an 86.

then be happy, and free from the stigma of being the only goofball in aus driving a slusher hachi.

mass is over, go in peace and serve the OPEC

Jarrod
31st May 2008, 03:36 AM
once u learn to drive manual u will never look back, and u'l enjoy ur car and driving it alot more

li21
31st May 2008, 10:42 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jarrod @ May 31 2008, 02:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=539160)</div>
once u learn to drive manual u will never look back, and u'l enjoy ur car and driving it alot more[/b]

+1. I've never even thought about going auto.
Even in HEAVY stop start traffic... bring it on!

If you are passionate about cars, manual is the only way ... semi manuals, clutchless manuals, tiptronics just don't cut it for me.

Get a manual ae86, it can be as much a daily car as any auto cos you WILL enjoy it and the hassles will be non existent.

monkae86
31st May 2008, 11:37 AM
lol i can't believe you want an auto ae86

it's like saying you want a turbo with no boost. Why the hell would you buy an ae86 as just a daily...

RolandGTV85
31st May 2008, 07:50 PM
I like my auto 86........ Why is everything about drifting? for a daily city driver my manual gtv is a c**t to drive in traffic and i prefer the auto "sometimes". if auto 86's are that bad why did they mass produce them..
Meh everyone has their own tastes and opinions.......let them have them.

I personally don't like 86's for drifting...... nor initial D...... I like them for what they are and there performance.

Anyhoo whateva, just my 2 cents

Micknofx
31st May 2008, 08:07 PM
The daily I had before my current one was an auto ke55. At first I enjoyed the laziness of the auto but after awhile you get a bit bored of it. If you put an auto box into a sprinter I'm sure you'll find alot of haters but if you absolutely must have the sprinter shape theres no other way. I say the sprinter shape beacuse if you convert that car to automatic you'll lose alot of what most people on here love these cars for - the drive.

hatstand
1st June 2008, 06:05 AM
i drive my sprinter as a daily, and its fun and reliable. if the man wants an auto, well hell, its his money i reckon.

Golberg
1st June 2008, 09:33 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (li21 @ May 31 2008, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=539185)</div>
If you are passionate about cars, manual is the only way ... semi manuals, clutchless manuals, tiptronics just don't cut it for me.[/b]
Well said

Nobody has commented on the fact that autos are less fuel efficient too and if its for a daily that'd be my main criteria for buying. I drove my AE71 3spd auto for a week or two (before pulling it apart for a manual/4AGE conversion) It was a disgusting car to drive, absolute dog with that auto box. Not to mention I was getting something like 15+ L per 100k.

ke70dave
1st June 2008, 10:44 AM
guys......guys....guys.....

why does it always have to be an argument....

the civic is a good idea, as is the auto silvia.

an auto 1.6L carby engine is going to be terrible to drive, underpowered, you'll have to make it change down a gear to make it go anywhere.

i don't know why people think autos are "Easier" to drive, i can't stand them, no control, use the brakes 150% more

if you really want an auto, you could put a K motor in there! plenty of auto ke70s around for donor cars :2thumbs: