PDA

View Full Version : C18GET Back to 4age

Lazer_Spec
1st June 2008, 09:09 AM
hey guys
jus wanna know much how hard would it be to swap a c18det in a sprinter back to a 4age
how much would i be lookin at for all the parts with out labour
thanks

Golberg
1st June 2008, 09:35 AM
You'd be better off buying a 4AC sprinter then going to 4AGE, it would be a fair bit easier.

Fozz
1st June 2008, 09:43 AM
why would u swap back the ca makes more power

egg_83
1st June 2008, 10:00 AM
I'm sure you could find someone to swap you for there 4age(pm me if your in brisbane :whistling: ). If you don't want to swap you'll have to change both cross members, tail shaft and then obviously motor and box. There are other little things too

Lazer_Spec
1st June 2008, 10:59 AM
I'm in brisbane
i am on the new p plate laws thats y
and i lik this sprinter and its jmd aswell
thats y

510lj
1st June 2008, 11:01 AM
i don't see why u'd wanna swap it either but you could selll the conversion which would probably fund the 4age.
or other option why don't you just buy a cheap run around car and keep your sprinter for track or just until you get your opens.

ke70dave
1st June 2008, 06:20 PM
well knowone has givin you a direct answer yet...

ill assume you have a decent fuel system with your CA18,

so these are the parts youll need

4age motor, ecu, loom (range from 500$---> 1500$ for a halfcut)
T50 gearbox with clutch etc (300$ for box usually, bout the same for a decent clutch)

depends what differential you have as well.

if its a stocko S or T series, then you'll need a S/T series tailshaft (pretty cheap, say sub 100$)

if you have a upgraded diff, the you might need to modify your current tailshaft.

need bit more info to give you proper answer on tailshaft.

the rest is just wiring it all up

Lazer_Spec
1st June 2008, 06:29 PM
i havent got the car yet
I'm jus makin some enquires about it the conversion

DAMO46
1st June 2008, 06:36 PM
your talking bout that panda one on carsales?
you might as well just import one same amount too..
not worth wrecking the car and pulling out the CA but if you do don't swap the CA just buy a 4age and t50 use that till you get off your ps then wack the CA in and your cheering

Benno
1st June 2008, 07:10 PM
it's not a JDM it's an aussie spec, which means if your p laws won't allow you to drive modified car, than a 4A-GE is out of the qustion too,

Lazer_Spec
1st June 2008, 07:33 PM
its jdm

Fozz
1st June 2008, 07:56 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Benno @ Jun 1 2008, 06:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=539632)</div>
it's not a JDM it's an aussie spec, which means if your p laws won't allow you to drive modified car, than a 4A-GE is out of the qustion too,[/b]

not entirely true

just tell QT that ur engine blew up and give them the new engine number because they are both 1.6 and are 4a series motors they don't require a mod plate although just to be on the safe side it best u just put stock airbox and emmisions devices on if u do this

Benno
1st June 2008, 09:55 PM
yeah that might get you past QT, but it's the cops and DOT boys that will rape you for it, and if it's the panda with the black bonnet for sale at Darra then it's a Aussie spec, not a JDM.

floody31
1st June 2008, 09:58 PM
Drive a seca for three years, worry about this shit when you have your full license.

Only sensible option.

Is anyone here over 21? F#ck me dead.

sprintdaddy
1st June 2008, 10:06 PM
Maybe we need an over twenty five(25s) section.

slide86
1st June 2008, 10:18 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (floody31 @ Jun 1 2008, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=539734)</div>
Drive a seca for three years, worry about this shit when you have your full license.

Only sensible option.

Is anyone here over 21? F#ck me dead.[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sprintdaddy @ Jun 1 2008, 08:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=539738)</div>
Maybe we need an over twenty five(25s) section.[/b]

I'm over 21....actually I'm 25 :) where is my invite to the "adults" area

floody is spot on the money, don't waste your money trying to do this

hatzo
2nd June 2008, 12:26 AM
the new generation of kids arn't very bright.

they like to spend money on down grading cars..

Mabe there is a market for crapifications....

Power Removers , Weight Addition Kits ,
Non Turbo Kits , rust conversion modifications ,
faded paint kits , one wheel LSDs , Indicator Fluid..

ke70dave
2nd June 2008, 12:50 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hatzo @ Jun 1 2008, 11:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=539816)</div>
the new generation of kids arn't very bright.

they like to spend money on down grading cars..

Mabe there is a market for crapifications....

Power Removers , Weight Addition Kits ,
Non Turbo Kits , rust conversion modifications ,
faded paint kits , one wheel LSDs , Indicator Fluid..[/b]

haha i laughed pretty hard at that, good post

and yes I'm 21 in a few days!

its interesting how these "new kids" want to modify their cars so much from a standing start (ie first get their P's)

in my first car i was more interested in my CD player, and my lights in the foot wells, took me a while to start playing with modifying cars, which is good cause i now have points to burn (but i still havn't lost a point yet, fingers crossed)

xdanielx
8th June 2008, 08:35 AM
in SA we don't have laws for P platers and moddfied cars...even tho i recently obtained my ful license :)

just put the car in ur parents name, and drive it!!!

cops, defects...FTW

marvis
8th June 2008, 08:40 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xdanielx @ Jun 8 2008, 07:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=543010)</div>
just put the car in ur parents name, and drive it!!![/b]
Can't even do that.

BTW: Sif by a CA AE86 only to put a 4age in it. WTF?

xdanielx
8th June 2008, 08:49 AM
really? ur not allowed to drive a car if its regoed in someone else's name?

marvis
8th June 2008, 09:12 AM
Yeah.

Exemptions

You are eligible to apply for an exemption to drive a high-powered or performance vehicle if you meet the following requirements:

you need to drive a high-powered or performance vehicle:
to, or from, your place of employment
in the course of your employment
to, or from, the education institution you attend
to get medical treatment for yourself for a family member
or

the only car available to you is a high-powered or performance vehicle:
that you owned before 30 June 2007 and you have owned since, including the date you apply for the exemption
that is owned or leased by a member of your immediate family^, or
that an immediate family member^ uses as part of an employment or salary package agreement
and

there is no other transport available to you
and

not issuing an exemption will cause severe hardship.
Your traffic history will also be taken into consideration when your application is assessed.

^An immediate family member includes your:

approved carer or guardian
grandparent, or spouse of a grandparent
spouse
parent or stepparent.
For further details of the definition of an immediate family member see section 19 of the Transport Operation (Road Use Management – Driver Licensing) Regulation 1999.

To apply for an exemption you must:

complete a Certificate of Exemption for driving a high powered vehicle application (F4467)
pay the application fee
require the use of a high-powered or performance vehicle.

xdanielx
8th June 2008, 10:11 AM
hahahaha wholey fuck,
still say just drive it, what will happen if u get caught? slap on the wrist? fine?

marvis
8th June 2008, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by DOT Fgs.
Penalties

There are penalties for failing to comply with these restrictions. Drivers of high-powered and performance vehicles that hold an exemption must produce this certificate when asked to by a police officer. Failure to do so will lead to a fine and demerit points.

ftl.

xdanielx
8th June 2008, 12:29 PM
driving around shitting urself everytime you see a cop is the only way we should live with cars like these ;)

marvis
8th June 2008, 12:40 PM
It's how i do it. haha.