PDA

View Full Version : AE71 Auto lock out

Jake_Crawf
1st June 2008, 04:47 PM
Hello all,
I'm in the process of changing the 4ac auto to a 4age manual. The info I'm after is the neutual lockout on the auto. Does anyone know what colours are the wires are in the loom?? For the life of me I can't work it out. The worst part, thats all that is stopping me from starting it............. today.

Cheers in advance,

Regards,

Jake

federal
1st June 2008, 07:02 PM
hey mate,

PM Slide86 on the forum...he has recently overcome this problem and he will be able to help you out..

cheers

Jake_Crawf
1st June 2008, 09:34 PM
Cheers will do.

Jake_Crawf
2nd June 2008, 10:26 AM
Anyone??

Gilly
2nd June 2008, 11:55 PM
2 pin plug, drivers side, on the trans tunnel just before the seat

should have a black and white wire on at least one plug. unplug it from the shifter and bridge the plug (pretty sure its the female plug) either way you are bridging the connector (join the 2 terminals together with connectors and wire) on the side of the loom that goes back towards the front of the car not the shifter!!

i had the same issue with a KE of mine. had start signal from the switch but never made it to the engine bay, i forgot it was auto originally!! short section of wire, 2 male spade terminals and it was all sorted.

Jake_Crawf
4th June 2008, 07:58 PM
Hey Gilly,
Thankyou for that, but the bloody AE and KE must be different!!!!!!! The plug on the AE near the trans tunnel is only the lights for the shifter. Thankyou anyway!!!

Anyone know where I can get an AE wiring diagram??

Cheers All,

Jake

Gilly
4th June 2008, 11:17 PM
hmmm there really should be something i nthat region for the neutral start switch.

if you have a digi camera get me a pic of your shifter (obviously with all plastics removed) and any wiring and plugs in that area.

there will definitely be something there