PDA

View Full Version : 4agze ignition/ecu problem

Andor
2nd June 2008, 10:06 PM
I'm posting on behalf of my internet challenged friend. Some of you may know him, Alistair Neely. He drives a red turbo ae86 at vicdrift winton days.

The engine is an ae92 4agze with afm and coils, all the standard equip running on standard ecu. The supercharger has been replaced with a turbo and was running fine for quite some time unchanged before these problems.

At the last drift day his car was stalling and wouldn't start hot. Left to cool for 2 mins and it would start again. It hasnt started since, it has no spark at all. He has checked all pathways and earths which all seem fine. There don't appear to be any leaking capacitors in the ecu.

He's pretty keen to get to the next drift day in 3 weeks and we're running out of ideas.

Please help if you can. Thanks.

biggo
2nd June 2008, 10:45 PM
melted coils?

70XIN did that to his but the funny thing is the still worked!

Andor
2nd June 2008, 11:39 PM
How would both coils get rooted at the same time? How can we check them? He may already have done, i'm hopeless with electrical problems. We were more worried about the ignitor or ecu.

biggo
3rd June 2008, 12:13 AM
i have no idea, but if you want a place to start, go from the plugs backwards

its all a process of elimination

Nikkojoe
3rd June 2008, 12:22 AM
Check coil and igniter get power to them (via black orange wire). Should get atleast 12V on ignition. Check cas operation (try swapping with a small port dizzy).

Thats all i can think of.