PDA

View Full Version : laws From July 1

Big_Ant
5th June 2008, 08:48 AM
Got Pulled over dismorning for small bits and peace with my car, and was informed of the new rules. 1st offence is court apperance, then 48 hours confinscated then 3 months and final is gone for good, he said that from that date fines will not be issued anymore!

marvis
5th June 2008, 08:52 AM
Oh. Joy.

ke70dave
5th June 2008, 09:09 AM
yeah i dunno about that.

going to court because you have a sports steering wheel?

courts will just throw it out, it will just clog up the court system even more.

DRFTPG
5th June 2008, 11:53 AM
thats a fucking joke because there is so many cars around that are FAR more dangerous than our cars....
what about all those old rusty shit boxes you see driving around...do they ever get picked on!!

and as ke70dave says...you can now go to court for having a sports steering wheel or no H patern on the gear knob?? WTF

Konakid
5th June 2008, 11:57 AM
lol, what a crock of shit.

DRFTPG
5th June 2008, 11:58 AM
also noticed your ni qld?? is that qld only or all over aus?

Driftspec
5th June 2008, 12:43 PM
Its QLD only

But yes, this will lead to more power trips, more issues in the courts, and just more trouble in general... :(

rthy
5th June 2008, 12:56 PM
time to go into the legal biz

johl
5th June 2008, 01:01 PM
lol this is gay. my daily is a ford laser and it has bald as fark tyres, shocks were rooted about 20000 km ago and in general its just a gay death trap, i'v only ever been pulled over once in it and that was because its registered to my mate who had no licence at the time and the cop didnt even bother looking for defects.
just goes to show that they do pick on the guys that spend all their money on their car.... beat the system, buy a fwd deathtrap

Robo86
5th June 2008, 01:01 PM
Did u get done for anything? or just a general go over

kaibeecee
5th June 2008, 01:41 PM
if this is the case be weary for the 2 months after July 1st, as the initial crackdowns come within that period.

where in bris did you get pulled up?

johl
5th June 2008, 02:00 PM
anyone else think the wynum cops are especially rude? and they're always in capalaba for some reason

Ru-iki
5th June 2008, 02:04 PM
Youre all gonna have to learn how to talk to police. Get some books on subliminal subtext and learn how to control their feeble pinheads.

Works for me.

3 tickets and no defects in a very very defectable car.

Exploit their ignorance.

Big_Ant
5th June 2008, 02:41 PM
Nah he let me off, but said steering wheel needs to change which I'm doing anyway cause horn is broken on it is broken and its a dodge one that they guy put on and took off his nardi, my tint is apparently to dark but it was early and frost was over it, he said about my seats, gear, nob, roll cage, and harnesses but all that has engeneering certificate so he let it go and the gear nob has a a little medal plate engraved with the gears at the bottom of the stick so that was fine he said the susepension seems sus but didn't want to check it, and their was a loose bolt holding front right gaurd up I tightend it when got to work

dustyae86
5th June 2008, 02:47 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SON57A @ Jun 5 2008, 10:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=541698)</div>
thats a fucking joke because there is so many cars around that are FAR more dangerous than our cars....
what about all those old rusty shit boxes you see driving around...do they ever get picked on!!

and as ke70dave says...you can now go to court for having a sports steering wheel or no H patern on the gear knob?? WTF[/b]

like KE70's??

Big_Ant
5th June 2008, 02:56 PM
It was on the m1 heading out of the city, the initial reason was because he couldn't see through the back of my tint and couldn't see the front throught it and then he pulled up next to me looked in and saw the horn missing droped back and pulled me up

Driftspec
5th June 2008, 02:59 PM
Mmmm, cool mornings are never good, both because you can't see through your windscreen, and you can be picked up for it

stefan
5th June 2008, 03:02 PM
wow how gay

theres no leanience with the popo

its there bullshit revenue rasing ffs!

isnt the govt getting enough money from fuel tax etc etc

Roku_70
5th June 2008, 03:17 PM
shit! looks like the chopped firewall hachi wont be seeing the highways ever! i think that has always been a huge defect, but i can't believe how rediculous and petty laws are getting nowadays. i mean, a friend of mine was given a warning about 1 year ago for driving 90km/h over the speed limit (which of coarse is a huge penalty usually), but now cops are giving out court orders for aftermarket steering wheels!? what a joke! they will start giving out fines to people for revving their car over 3 grand for using too much fuel soon! yes i agree with the guy who said about all these bush cars being way more dangerous than most of the 86's/keto's on the road. i mean, car enthusiasts like all the people on this forum always seem to keep their car in a safe condition and know enough about their vehicle to know when it should/ shouldn't be on the road. at the end of the day cops are only doing what they are told, so they can't be blamed. however the integrity of this situation is getting way out of hand. btw... why does qld always take on these laws first?

SNAP
5th June 2008, 04:09 PM
Dude u know what.. coppas live off one thing.. its called a power trip, they'll do anything to make you shit in your pants and make it seem like they know the universe.. and as dave said, as if the govenment would throw more garbage cases into the court rooms, their is a long enough waiting list as is.. (no personal experience by the way) it would be an absolute waste of time.. just go on as normal.. he was prolly fresh out of the academy

AsleepAtTheWheel
5th June 2008, 04:57 PM
Okay folks,

Did a bit of quick research and came up with this (relevant to Qld only):

http://www.police.qld.gov.au/Resources/Int...20statewide.pdf (http://www.police.qld.gov.au/Resources/Internet/news%20and%20alerts/campaigns/FAQs%20statewide.pdf)

Should help answer most of your questions in regards to this matter. I think it's important to be informed as to the state of the law and the requirements of your state transport department as has been mentioned numerous time here. Something that is to be noted in the FAQ document is that it says that your first offence MAY end up in court - not will. If you've got a pretty clean driving/defect record, I don't think you will end up in court unless you've got SERIOUS problems.

I think this whole thing sucks massive hairy balls, but information is your best weapon. Carry a copy of an engineers cert. if you have one, or get one, or run the risk - it's up to you.

Qlder's - there is also a Qld Transport guide to light vehicle modification (see here - http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/resources/...on_jan05v2.pdf) (http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/resources/file/eb57c508de5dea8/Modification_jan05v2.pdf)). Can't hurt to familiarise yourself and even stick a copy in the glovebox for quick reference if you want (just make sure you comply - or photochop appropriately :lol:)

Peace,
Ando

ke70dave
5th June 2008, 05:56 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (slippry @ Jun 5 2008, 02:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=541799)</div>
wow how gay

theres no leanience with the popo

its there bullshit revenue rasing ffs!

isnt the govt getting enough money from fuel tax etc etc[/b]

but now it seems that they wont be handing out fines on the spot? the only way you'll get a fine is if you go through the courts? so the only way they will get money is to send people through the courts, and since the courts are already full, that equals less revenue?

and since, as asleepatthewheel has posted, its unlikely you will get sent to the courts unless your really out of order...

makes me wonder what power the purple light brigade have now?

oh yeah great post asleepatthewheel, that first link is quite interesting, they don't like to make things clear though....interesting on that list it doesn't say "unsafe" vehicle, it sais "illegally modified", so if you got 4 bald tyres you wont get done?

howee
5th June 2008, 06:21 PM
Hey Johl, i have found a few wynnum cops being rude. we were trolly drifting in a car park at wynnum plaza on a sat night. They got up us, then tried to get my mates in trouble, with the P plate laws. even though there like 19. and fine

But i know 2 coppers there, family friends.

But this stuff is gaayy.

howee

floody31
5th June 2008, 06:46 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (slippry @ Jun 5 2008, 02:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=541799)</div>
its there bullshit revenue rasing ffs![/b]

LOL! Yeah right, as if they could ever defect enough people to make significant money off it. You crybabies all forget so easily that the laws are there to ensure safety on the roads; not to let everyone rattle around in shitboxes with a "she'll be right" attitude. Lets face it, 60% of what most people on here do to their cars is borderline illegal and of dubious safety.

"Blah Blah, they never pull over the real shitboxes but they did me for only [insert list of stupid fucking modifications]"
Idiots. Have a think about it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SNAP @ Jun 5 2008, 03:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=541842)</div>
Dude u know what.. coppas live off one thing.. its called a power trip, they'll do anything to make you shit in your pants and make it seem like they know the universe..[/b]

I bet you have a GREAT relationship with the police.

SNAP
5th June 2008, 07:13 PM
I bet you have a GREAT relationship with the police.
[/quote]

Thanks dad, actually havent been booked or defected in about 4-5 years, but been their done that. and from being their, most - and i say "most" cops have not a clue what they r talking about and defect u for things "they think" doesnt look right and thats where the Law is wrong because it give police their own descression. If their going to enforce the Law then Know the LAW!! and know the in's and outs and the correct information about the fines/defects being layed down!! before u know it u will be getting defected for a stock plumb back BOV. imagine say a Pilot being employed to fly 100 people around and not knowing every aspect of his job,
imagine.... Just a little frustrating that all for the people who do the right thing i mean where only enthusiasts

letsgohunting
5th June 2008, 07:15 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (floody31 @ Jun 5 2008, 05:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=541907)</div>
LOL! Yeah right, as if they could ever defect enough people to make significant money off it. You crybabies all forget so easily that the laws are there to ensure safety on the roads; not to let everyone rattle around in shitboxes with a "she'll be right" attitude. Lets face it, 60% of what most people on here do to their cars is borderline illegal and of dubious safety.

"Blah Blah, they never pull over the real shitboxes but they did me for only [insert list of stupid fucking modifications]"
Idiots. Have a think about it.

I bet you have a GREAT relationship with the police.[/b]

Best post in this homosexual thread.

Get over it - make your cars legal and all is well. Otherwise do what I did an buy a new car that is still fun to drive. Leave it stock or just put better tyres on it. New cars handle really well for the most part. You're all fighting a losing battle.

callum1
5th June 2008, 07:24 PM
i have a very strong she'll be right attidude. infact i live by it

driftke70
5th June 2008, 07:37 PM
i aint losing sleep over it, just don't live in the gay coast or brisney land.

ive found if you make your car look like a proper track car they leave you alone, where i work in noosa there are alot of track cars kicking around, targa style stuff, historic racing etc etc and the cops don't even look at my car twice. But if i had a 32 with chromes id be ass raped every 15 meters.

SNAP
5th June 2008, 08:41 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (driftke70 @ Jun 5 2008, 06:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=541939)</div>
i aint losing sleep over it, just don't live in the gay coast or brisney land.

ive found if you make your car look like a proper track car they leave you alone, where i work in noosa there are alot of track cars kicking around, targa style stuff, historic racing etc etc and the cops don't even look at my car twice. But if i had a 32 with chromes id be ass raped every 15 meters.[/b]

Id pay that actually.. as for LETSGOHUNTING.. mayb a little to much sun for u up on the sunshine coast thats the gayest comment EVA!
"anyone I'm selling my 86! who want in? i thort id go for a mirage instead, i'll beat all yur 86's"!!

WAK! :crazy:

drft86
5th June 2008, 08:50 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SON57A @ Jun 5 2008, 10:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=541698)</div>
what about all those old rusty shit boxes you see driving around...do they ever get picked on!![/b]

every ae/ke is a rusted shitbox, and yes they do get picked on lol

sr_rolla
5th June 2008, 09:23 PM
I don't mean 2 tread on anybodies toes here but MAKE IT LEGAL!!! if you build your car to suit the registration/engineering rules you wont get defected, thats how ive built mine (KE70) and technically speaking, the only thing stock on mine is the bootlid, rear doors and the back seat.

Ive been at the "maccanats" and other gathering where as soon as the coppers arrive, everybody does the bolt to avoid defects. Its crap, i have an engineering cert. so i just sit there and laugh at the idiots doin the runner, the cops check mine, i show them the engineering cert. and 9/10 times, even if there is something a little off, they'll leave u alone for having a go.

If you want to build an illegal car, deal with the shit the cops will give you, and to be fair, you deserve it. I went to a lot of trouble to make my car legal, RTA tests, engineer consults etc so why shouldnt you have to?

Driftspec
5th June 2008, 09:35 PM
Abuse towards other people won't be tolerated, so that can stop right now.

Not every 86/xe7x gets picked on, only the ones that are obviously illegal. My concern lies with the part that says 'illegally modified vehicle' - I can only hope that they don't try to interpret anything to get their way. I hate being cynical like that, but we all see it happen :(

Great link Ando, that should be required reading for anyone who attempts to modify their car. Also makes them aware of things that are entirely legal and could be used if the situation dictated it.

sr_rolla
5th June 2008, 11:00 PM
sorry if it got interpreted that way but i wasnt trying to single anybody out, basically, what I'm trying to say is, if you modify your car to comply with state laws and get it engineered, then it can't possibly be "illegally modified" can it? Therefore, u can't get defected, or get your car impounded etc. in NSW at least, there are 2 forms of "defect" to my knowledge, when i crashed my car i got what the copper called a "1 day defect" he said that if the car is questionable but the police arent sure they can send u to an authorised RTA checking station. If the car is legally modified/engineered then the defect is cleared and it doesnt count on any perminent records. Then theres the canary that we all know about. If a car is legally modified then the "1 day defect" is the worst that u need to worry about.

Back to my original statement tho, make the thing legal, instead of complaining about the new kneejerk laws that the people in power keep throwing at us, make your car legal and have nothing to worry about.

marvis
6th June 2008, 12:35 AM
Sounds shit. I can see more people doing runners from the cops. Fuckt if i'd want my pride and joy impounded. But the above few points as SR_rolla have pointed out are quite valid.

FLT LNR
6th June 2008, 04:04 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (letsgohunting @ Jun 5 2008, 06:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=541920)</div>
Best post in this homosexual thread.

Get over it - make your cars legal and all is well. Otherwise do what I did an buy a new car that is still fun to drive. Leave it stock or just put better tyres on it. New cars handle really well for the most part. You're all fighting a losing battle.[/b]

gotta say I'm with these guys. people can list a thousand things the cops did officiously, or point to the revenue raised, or compare the illegality of their car versus older cars........

in the end....... all u need to question is .... was my car legal?

if a person's whining about defects and police tactics, I'm willing to guess.....no.

take it on the chin, or catch a bus til you can afford to build a car fit for public roads.

Big_Ant
6th June 2008, 08:09 AM
Yeah I can agree, that is why at the moment I am driving my old camry around, as I said 99% of my car has engineering certs and has been done legaly its only small bits that aren't and since I have only had the car for two weeks, he was leanent on me and just said hey this is what you can get done for so do something for it so your car doesn't get taken, so that's what I'm doing little extra time and money instead of no car and money to bail it out.

slydar
6th June 2008, 08:34 AM
if you read the PDF, nothing has changed for most of us who live in brisbane.

these powers were already in place for most of us. just now its state wide.

you guys at the gold coast/sunny coast have a little more to worry about though.

what pete said is right, laying low around july 1 for the initial crack down might be a good idea.

FredGreen
6th June 2008, 08:43 AM
:lol: sucks for all the backyard unengineerable shitters about up there

kaibeecee
6th June 2008, 12:14 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FredGreen @ Jun 6 2008, 07:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=542179)</div>
:lol: sucks for all the backyard unengineerable shitters about up there[/b]

oh wow, youre back, again.

id rather have a unengineerable shitter than a datsun in a 86 shell

letsgohunting
6th June 2008, 12:32 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SNAP @ Jun 5 2008, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=541979)</div>
Id pay that actually.. as for LETSGOHUNTING.. mayb a little to much sun for u up on the sunshine coast thats the gayest comment EVA!
"anyone I'm selling my 86! who want in? i thort id go for a mirage instead, i'll beat all yur 86's"!!

WAK! :crazy:[/b]

I'll wait for the day you bitch on this forum about your car getting defected. Then I'll take a picture of my balls, fax it to you, and you can lick it.

floody31
6th June 2008, 01:17 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SNAP @ Jun 5 2008, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=541919)</div>
Thanks dad, actually havent been booked or defected in about 4-5 years, but been their done that. and from being their, most - and i say "most" cops have not a clue what they r talking about and defect u for things "they think" doesnt look right and thats where the Law is wrong because it give police their own descression. If their going to enforce the Law then Know the LAW!! and know the in's and outs and the correct information about the fines/defects being layed down!! before u know it u will be getting defected for a stock plumb back BOV. imagine say a Pilot being employed to fly 100 people around and not knowing every aspect of his job,
imagine.... Just a little frustrating that all for the people who do the right thing i mean where only enthusiasts[/b]

Your analogy is crap, frankly. Here is one which actually agrees with your hypothetical situation.

Its more like a air safety inspector, who might not know every single rule in the book, holding a plane because something just looks a bit iffy. What if it did turn out to be dangerous and cost the lives of your 100 people? Better safe than sorry. So the plane gets a "defect" and a referral to a second inspector; turns out ok, defect removed and back in the skies. A bit of inconvenience but no harm done.

Having non-roadworthy modifications isn't doing the right thing, regardless of whether you are an enthusiast or not.

Oh and:
-are
-you
- '
-discretion
-there
-we're

[/quote]
Feel free to insert where necessary.

slide86
6th June 2008, 01:59 PM
just another stupid whinge from people who obviously drive around in highly defectable cars and then whinge when get caught...

just like commiting armed robbery and shooting someone, you guys would be like "wa wa stupid cops busted me for shooting someone, all i did was hold a bank at gun point. why don't they spend their time catching drug dealers. wa wa"

GET OVER IT. like the actual smart people in this thread have stated, drive a LEGAL car round or a stock daily and you wont have this problem.

and when you do get pulled over don't act like a 16 year old brat with an attitude and chances are you will get off 10 times better.

sr_rolla
6th June 2008, 06:58 PM
^^^^^^^^^what he said