PDA

View Full Version : HKS cams profile sheet 2202-RT098

jy086
6th June 2008, 01:24 AM
hi guys. i've just got a pair of 2202-RT098 cams for my 4age. i need to know all the spEcs of it. i only know its 272 degree, and 8.1 lift. and 110 something
my mechanic need to know when valves open close...something like that. any info would be great. thanks

SpotterOne
6th June 2008, 10:28 AM
are you sure they are 110 duration? That sounds suspiciously like "lobe separation" to me.

Best bet is to ring/email HKS to find out where they time them at. I've had conflicting reports in the past. It also depends on your engine and its setup. For instance, you can advance them a bit if you run ITB's because they tend to smooth out the idle for you.

I time mine at 102 degrees (your engine builder should know what that means) even though my manufacturer recommends 107 on the inlet and 103 on the exhaust. My idle is still fairly smooth and nice and low.

Jonny Rochester
6th June 2008, 12:12 PM
I think it is probably 272 degrees duration, and 8.1mm lift.

The lift you can measure yourself with a caliper. The duration you can confirm once you put the cam in and start using a degree wheel.

110 degrees is the angle between TDC and the lobe centre. This is optional as has been said, but it seams 110 is the recomendation from HKS.

Find a mechanic with a degree wheel that knows how to use it, and they should be about to do it just by telling them "110". You probably need adjustable cam gears also.

jy086
6th June 2008, 12:39 PM
don't know what 110 means...its on the HKS website....but they don't tell me when valves open close.cam clearance.
at the moment it idles around 1100rpm. sounds like a V8....i just need all the specs for it so i can tune it properly. i still need to run in the engine. Got adjustable cam gears too...

Jonny Rochester
6th June 2008, 12:43 PM
You have already given the key numbers. The rest can be worked out with maths and measurment. The exact numbers will depend on valve clearance, and you may want to measure open and close times at 1mm lift, which will change things again.

SpotterOne
6th June 2008, 02:56 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jy086 @ Jun 6 2008, 11:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=542246)</div>
don't know what 110 means...its on the HKS website....but they don't tell me when valves open close.cam clearance.
at the moment it idles around 1100rpm. sounds like a V8....i just need all the specs for it so i can tune it properly. i still need to run in the engine. Got adjustable cam gears too...[/b]

I wouldn't say that its a good idea to try and run an engine in with new cams until after it has been tuned. I know that my new cams made a big difference to the fuel map, and some spots would have been very lean if I hadn't retuned it.

jy086
6th June 2008, 03:20 PM
thanks for that, but i still need those info first before i get it tuned. yeh???

SpotterOne
6th June 2008, 04:25 PM
You need to find out from HKS what they recommend you time your cams at. You'll have to contact them directly because each manufacturer, and indeed each cam is different. Your engine builder should then set the vernier cam gears to that position, then you can tune the fuel and ignition maps.