PDA

View Full Version : 4k turbo set up

kewagon
10th June 2008, 09:46 PM
i ahve a turbo set up for sale to suit a 4k in a ke70 but woudl prob fit other corollas very easily

consists of:

- ct12b turbo off 2jz-gte
- custom made j-pipe to suit the stock ke70 exhaust manifold
- top hat to suit stock carby with elbows and silicone hose joints
- section of dump pipe to weld onto you exhaust

only requires oil and water lines to get it running other than that ya jsut bolt it onto your stock 4k

ive never had it runnnig but the fella who i boguht it from did and aparently it worked well

I'm located in hobart tasmania but i will psot at your expence for $50 anywere in australia

asking $300 for it but it owes me well more than this

cheers james

[attachment=26882:Image029...11111111.jpg]

deleta
10th June 2008, 09:51 PM
lol y does god tempt the

kewagon
10th June 2008, 09:59 PM
because you need to buy it, haha

stefan
10th June 2008, 10:07 PM
what condition is turbo in any shaft play?

and pending condition of turbo would you take $320 posted to adelaide?

aaron_drift
10th June 2008, 10:22 PM
that is seriously cool :D

kewagon
10th June 2008, 11:17 PM
as far as i know the turbo is good, but ive never sued it so i dotn nkow jsut going on what i was told

i want $350 firm posted, it cost me $450 posted when i bought it.

taz_rx
11th June 2008, 01:51 PM
Hey James, shame you never got it working would've liked to see how it went.

I'll offer free 'tweekage' for an North Tas buyers!! :P

Send Daim a PM and try and twist his arm. ;)

kewagon
11th June 2008, 01:59 PM
yeah, i would of liked to get it sorted but i just don't have time to chuck it all on

cool, bonus tweaking from the 4k turbo master

will do

cheers

ae71
11th June 2008, 02:34 PM
how has this kit delt with he problem of putting boost into a carb?

I'm currently looking at putting together a cheap turbo system for another toyota carby motor. looking at costs and options at the moment.

japlish
11th June 2008, 02:46 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ae71 @ Jun 11 2008, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=544451)</div>
how has this kit delt with he problem of putting boost into a carb?

I'm currently looking at putting together a cheap turbo system for another toyota carby motor. looking at costs and options at the moment.[/b]
problems, what problems?

just run at least 3psi more fuel pressure than boost and its all good ;)

Rob
11th June 2008, 03:04 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (japlish @ Jun 11 2008, 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=544461)</div>
problems, what problems?

just run at least 3psi more fuel pressure than boost and its all good ;)[/b]

but is a stock corolla carby needle and seat going to hold a minimum of 9 psi fuel pressure? NO

ae71
11th June 2008, 03:06 PM
i was under the impression that there was a diafram that would burst when pressure was put on them..? thats why simon put his weber inside a box?

or you get fuel shooting out everywhere..?

taz_rx
11th June 2008, 03:44 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rob @ Jun 11 2008, 02:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=544469)</div>
but is a stock corolla carby needle and seat going to hold a minimum of 9 psi fuel pressure? NO[/b]

Thats why you need to use a CARBY rising rate reg, will give you a base pressure that the asian is happy with at idle, but the fuel buffer you need when on boost.

You know what a needle and seat looks like Az, there is no burstable diaphram. They just get forced open by too much fuel pressure. Fuel can them come flowing out of the breather hole for the fuel bowl in the top of the carb. Boost can also get into this breather (which is good) as it matches boost on both sides of the jet.

The hilux air box was really just the easy way out when it all first got built, you don't have to do it like that. I always considered changing it as there would have been heaps of turbulent air in it, but just never got around to it befor selling the kit! Thats the new owners perogative now!

ae71
11th June 2008, 04:17 PM
oh i see... and understand :P

yeah si i know what a needle and seat looks like, i replace the one in my weber cause it was a little old and wasnt quite sealing properly.

hhmm, ill talk to you some more outside of this thread. sorry for junking it up james.

does it come with a boost controller at all?

kewagon
11th June 2008, 06:55 PM
thanks for clearing that up simon

i was told by the guy who built this all he did was put a larger main jet into it and had no boost controller or boost gauge, and jsut ran the stock mechanical fuel pump

no boost controller is included

back on topic

BUMP need to sell this

Toy-Yoda
11th June 2008, 11:27 PM
PM'd

kewagon
12th June 2008, 09:45 AM
PM replied

sold pending payment

not sold till i got the money or deposit though

taz_rx