PDA

View Full Version : How to Aim / Calibrate Head Lights

li21
12th June 2008, 10:16 PM
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can tell me how to aim my head lights?

Ive always been pissed off at how dim my lights are, but only just tonight I noticed my lights are actually quite bright.. BUT pointed at the sky!
I noticed the sign boards were pretty well lit . rather than the road in front of me.

How do I actually change the level and aim them.

Thanks ..

biggo
12th June 2008, 11:37 PM
Screw driver

you posted in the wrong section too.

ke70dave
13th June 2008, 12:00 AM
hey dude, ask me on msn next time you gota a simple question like this!

much easier than waiting for posts!

as biggo said, its easy as, theres 2 adjustment screws for each side, one for vertical, one for horizontal.

best way ive found is find a wall to point your lights at, make them both level first and straight. then test them out on the road. and if they need adjusting come back to the wall so you make sure you adjust them the same amount each time.

make sure you aim them low, so you don't fire them into oncoming traffic eyes!

other drivers must get annoyed at you shinging your lights at them in the eyes all the time :2thumbs:

li21
13th June 2008, 01:21 AM
oops..

but thanks Dave:)
I thought it was those screws.. but obviously mine don't work cos i tried them as they seemed like good places to start. My screws are really stiff to start with but turning doenst do anything..well theres marginal movement but not enough to help.. might need new light fitting altoghter.

biggo
13th June 2008, 02:02 AM
i dunno bout 86's but theres a spring on the underside of the headlight assembly on a ke70 which helps. But I'm pretty sure 71's and 86's are just threaded thru the plastic, maybe some wd40 or somethin?