PDA

View Full Version : help needed, something to do with battery, spark issue

hara_kiri
14th June 2008, 05:18 PM
ok so i put a bigger turbs on hachi

so battery was dead cos car hadnt been started in ages, charged battery, car started, drove etc all good

car sat for maybe a few days, didnt do anything to it etc

went to start car, said battery needed charging, charged battery, still didnt crank etc, tried a battery from sisters workin car, so working battery and on dash comes up with charge battery still

also jumped it off dads car, ie. his car running, but still no love

lights etc all work on mine tho, jus no sparky/crank

i had to move the battery to in the car cos of the new turbo took up too much room but the car has run with the new set-up etc, the join in the engine bay did hit metal tho and sparked, which I'm thinkin may have done damage somewhere???? but yea not sure what it could have done

anyone think a somethin to do?

car is done and it wants to skid so helpppppp

cheers and thx in advance

hara_kiri
14th June 2008, 05:30 PM
I'm hopin its jus like a fuse or somethin but yea, dunno what to check, really don't like electrical shit lol

blair
14th June 2008, 05:39 PM
the short may well have stuffed something...

have you got a multimetre and checked continuity to find where the problem is yet?
thats where i'd start.

Sherlock
14th June 2008, 05:40 PM
Your car should have spare fuses in the fuse box, just try poppin a few out and replacing them? You can tell when they're blown as well cos they wont have that bridge bit of metal in between.

If all else fails an Auto Sparky is your best bet I guess

hara_kiri
14th June 2008, 05:43 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Blair @ Jun 14 2008, 04:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=545996)</div>
the short may well have stuffed something...

have you got a multimetre and checked continuity to find where the problem is yet?
thats where i'd start.[/b]

yea dunno how to work it tho

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sherlock @ Jun 14 2008, 04:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=545997)</div>
Your car should have spare fuses in the fuse box, just try poppin a few out and replacing them? You can tell when they're blown as well cos they wont have that bridge bit of metal in between.

If all else fails an Auto Sparky is your best bet I guess[/b]

i'll have a looksie, so can't afford an auto sparky haha, but I'm sure he/she would find the prob asap lol.

anyone wanna come have a looksie, would be quite appreciated

Sprinter86
14th June 2008, 05:48 PM
i'd check the fusable links at the battery positive connector, you may have just blown one.
i'm an auto elec, thats where i'd check. :)

hara_kiri
14th June 2008, 05:50 PM
ah sweet will do

cheers man