PDA

View Full Version : Ever lost your licence?

riojin
14th June 2008, 09:38 PM
simple answers.

please post why/how and thoughts.

i am currently under suspension. i first got done for 3 months for speeding at over 30 over (was 44 over) and then done for an extra 3 months whilst that suspension was pending. i got done for slides (was considered a burnout, which also got my car impounded for 3 months) which pushed me up to 12 demirit points. that is where the extra 3 months came from. so thats 6 months in total.

i should be over the 6 months suspension at the end of august. i got my car back and sold it practically as soon as it was out of impound.

the funny thing is i am a very safe driver and would barely do anything stupid on the streets. the few times i actually did do the wrong thing i got caught.

poll edited

hara_kiri
14th June 2008, 09:47 PM
previously lost
3months
yes

ive been very very very lucky, i should probably not have a license for several years but yea qld popo can't seem to keep up

have changed my ways, but on ya p's its very easy to lose ya license, got done just over the speed limit few weeks ago, 3 points $150, 1 point left now, not a costly one just the points is the killer. quite easy to lose but meh.

federal
14th June 2008, 09:48 PM
i can't vote in the poll :(

my current suspension isnt listed....7days....hahahaha

lost my licence about 7 or 8 times now i think....

current suspension is from a lengthy court case, i got done driving disqualified x3, drive unregistered x3, drive uninsured x2, fail to transfer rego x1....ended up getting all 3 drive disqulaified dropped to drive unlicenced due to them having No Proof of Service of the original disqualification notices....in total the court case lasted for over a year, and cost me only $60 in legal fees :P....ended up with about $2000 in fines and 9 days licence loss in total....

now i actually have to be a good boy on the road or its lock up time....hahaha

HachiRoku
14th June 2008, 09:53 PM
What happened the 1st time you got caught driving unregistered?

I ask cos I only have a few days rego left....and I'm cheap.

DavisJD
14th June 2008, 09:55 PM
Got caught for not having P plates up once, and doing 12kmph over the speed limit another time. So that was license gone for 3 months.

Got caught last year drink driving on my P's, licence gone for 6 months, and am now serving 6 months on alcohol interlock. Also have to be on my P's for another 3 years. Joy.

The only thing I've changed.... I no longer drink and drive, I use to drink and drive weekly, not drunk, but with alcohol in the system. Took me 2 years to get caught...

DavisJD
14th June 2008, 09:55 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HachiRoku @ Jun 14 2008, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=546089)</div>
What happened the 1st time you got caught driving unregistered?

I ask cos I only have a few days rego left....and I'm cheap.[/b]

Driving an unregisterd vehicle in Victoria scores you a $500 fine. Copped that one before too.

HachiRoku
14th June 2008, 09:57 PM
Damn, fuck that. I was hoping for a slap on the wrist/verbal warning. Better man up and fork out for more rego.

70XIN
14th June 2008, 10:03 PM
twice

6 months first time

1 year next time

both to court, both for speeding, never been done for anything else

slydar
14th June 2008, 10:05 PM
lost twice on p's. given back both times by magistrate on grounds of undue hardship on family.

3rd time i accumulated 4 points on p's i appealed, then didnt bother to go to court.

waited for letter, letter never came.

6 months and only a few days later i get pulled up. he says i am "un licensed" i say no, i am just waiting for the letter. he says no, you leave the car and go sort it out.

turns out i managed to drive for 6 months without being pulled up.

got to court, lie and say "i thought i could commence driving once my suspension was over cos i still had the copy of my license"

pay a $200 fine and get to keep it.

and yeah done one 6 month 1 point probation on my opens (in preference to 3 month suspension). managed to make it through.

been going ok since.

so i guess that is kinda technically 4 suspensions, but never actually stopped driving. :)

riojin
14th June 2008, 10:13 PM
I'm still currently driving. i know my licence is suspended. i am still waiting for the letter to officially inform me. when i picked my car up from the impound the cop who impounded it was there and asked me what happened with my liecence. i told him i havent received any letter so he said i could legally drive until i am informed through a letter or if a police officer pulls me over and does a licence check.

so i have about 2 months to go

Fozz
14th June 2008, 10:25 PM
never lost :ph34r:

federal
14th June 2008, 10:28 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (riojin @ Jun 14 2008, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=546099)</div>
I'm still currently driving. i know my licence is suspended. i am still waiting for the letter to officially inform me. when i picked my car up from the impound the cop who impounded it was there and asked me what happened with my liecence. i told him i havent received any letter so he said i could legally drive until i am informed through a letter or if a police officer pulls me over and does a licence check.

so i have about 2 months to go[/b]

this is correct to a degree, but you can get caught out with it though....

i got pulled up the first night i had my ge t18 on the road, they wanted to rape me so hard due to everything on the car being so damn obvious, then they told me that i currently was suspended from driving...this was because my fine payment plan had bounced, i didnt recieve ANY notification...ended up getting reported for driving unlicenced...

this can lead you to a court case, or like me it just didnt show up at all

Trev084
14th June 2008, 11:27 PM
I have lost mine a few times, The last was for 8 months.

Ksevn-T
15th June 2008, 12:09 AM
Havnt lost it yet. Touch Wood!!!

AEE86
15th June 2008, 12:54 AM
1 times 3 months. 1 times for 6 months, 2 times for 12 months..

I have learned.

orange32
15th June 2008, 02:19 AM
I lost mine for 6 months. I got caught speeding twic e in 2.5 years so i was on probation and got caught again with 10 weeks left = 6 months suspension.

Yes i have learnt my ways, It was the worst 6 months ever, I became a hermit.

Intense
15th June 2008, 02:44 AM
Never lost

should ditch the sig

Felix
15th June 2008, 02:48 AM
got caught in the wrong and was let off with a slap on the wrist (4 points) so i copped the 3 months and now have a couple of months till my opens - then its open season lol

one of the reasons i havnt installed my 2way (deter me from doing stupid stuff on the street)

superbmobile
15th June 2008, 03:50 AM
currently serving twelve months loss at the moment, it licks the supreme sack of society.

xdanielx
15th June 2008, 08:49 AM
got done 6 days before i got my ful license 12km over in the new car(which i didnt know but the speedo is 10km out)
currently got my ful license, have the fine at home also, tryin to get someone to claim it for me....

if not ill be unlicensed in a week and a bit :)

marvis
15th June 2008, 09:04 AM
You did not choose a poll choice to vote against. Please go back and ensure you click on one of the radio buttons next to the choice you wish to vote for.

Never lost it.

marklevin
15th June 2008, 11:11 AM
i just got done on friday the 13th for using my mobile fone, $225 and 3 points :verymad: i tried to bail too while they were turning arround but ended up in a dead end street. it might make me get a hands free, later

Gunner
15th June 2008, 11:32 AM
lol there isn't enough, options in the poll man.

01/01/2005, special range dui, 3months, $300, officially lost on 21/01.05

23/04/05, speeding 45km/h+, immediate 3 month disqualification

febuary-march sometime this year, dangerous driving, street racing, resisting arrest, trying to evade police, driving prohibited vehicle 18 months disqualification

april this year, driving while disqualified, speeding 45km/h+, danderous driving, reckless driving, driving a prohibited vehicle, trying to evade police, resisting arrest, 3 months incarceration, released on $22,000 bail, 14th of june.

And the funny thing is, ill have my licence back in a month lol.

Cheers Rhys.

P.S Street Racing is bad, and you shouldn't do it.

riojin
15th June 2008, 12:09 PM
oh crap.... there isnt enough options considering you

AmyC
15th June 2008, 12:25 PM
Had my P's for about 3 weeks then got done for speeding, Lost 4 points and went on good driving behaviour, 1 point for 12 months. Then got done for doing skids and got defected. That was 3 points when i only had 1 so that gave me a 6 month suspension. Waited the 6 months and only drove up and down the street a few times.

Now waiting for a speeding ticket in the mail.

DavisJD
15th June 2008, 12:57 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gunbz-r @ Jun 15 2008, 10:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=546225)</div>

febuary-march sometime this year, dangerous driving, street racing, resisting arrest, trying to evade police, driving prohibited vehicle 18 months disqualification

april this year, driving while disqualified, speeding 45km/h+, danderous driving, reckless driving, driving a prohibited vehicle, trying to evade police, resisting arrest, 3 months incarceration, released on $22,000 bail, 14th of june.

Cheers Rhys.

P.S Street Racing is bad, and you shouldn't do it.[/b]

Ouch, which lucky person got to cough up bail for you?

Gunner
15th June 2008, 01:08 PM
It was a bit of a fundraising effort, amonsgt friends and family. Ah well time to start again.

federal
15th June 2008, 01:58 PM
driving a prohibited vehicle???

Gunner
15th June 2008, 02:03 PM
not allowed to drive turbo cars, got caught in a rexy both times.

awang
15th June 2008, 04:03 PM
never

Gilly
15th June 2008, 04:23 PM
a few times

my daughter has a habit of removing emptying my wallet, and throwing the license under the couch or in her toybox :lol:

never lost it for any automotive based reasons.

my colourful traffic history reads like this

2006, speeding, 47kph in a 40kph roadworks zone

i'm so hardcore

yoshimitsu9
15th June 2008, 05:11 PM
whats the likelyhood of you going into the slammer?

Gilly
15th June 2008, 05:47 PM
i've actually been to prison

i spent a day in boggo road jail once as part of a school excursion...

HachiRoku
15th June 2008, 05:53 PM
^ :lol: what a shitty excursion that must've been.

Gilly's teacher: "Damned if I'm spending another day leading the little fuckers around a museum. Lets put them in jail and hit up the pub."

riojin
15th June 2008, 05:59 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gunbz-r @ Jun 15 2008, 12:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=546257)</div>
It was a bit of a fundraising effort, amonsgt friends and family. Ah well time to start again.[/b]

if i were one of your family or friends i would be milking that so much whenever i wanted anything off you

"hey, remember the time i bailed you outta prison? or what about the time i bailed you outta prison?"

Gunner
15th June 2008, 06:34 PM
lol, its already started, been cleanin n shit all day, its actually quite nice lol.

Has any1 ever done that excursion in primary school, where you go into sydney, the rocks in particular, and walk around like a convict? that was a sucky excursion.

riojin
15th June 2008, 07:12 PM
yeah i did that one. was gay

Hally
15th June 2008, 07:28 PM
twice 1st time i lost my Ls for skids for 6 months,then lost my ps for drink driving which suked as i hadnt had a drink in 5 hours just had it in my system still and that cost me like 9 months and now got my fingers crossed as i got done 13ks over the speed limit on my ps and waiting for a leeter saying ive lost them againg :( i hope not though as he said he was gona try and get me out of it by not breaching me.

machg
15th June 2008, 09:41 PM
I only lost the licence once for 3 months for 45+km/h over the limit. I rang a lawyer when I found out, and he said "Yeah, I'll save your licence, got $1,200?" I didn't, so I took the penalty on the chin. The day after I lost it, John Singleton got done doing 170+km/h and got off with nothing. One law for the rich, one for the poor. Because I wasn't rich, losing my licence was really hard, I was shift working and commuting from central coast nsw to chullora in sydney at the time, because of the huge fine ($700) I could afford rego on my car and got done (not driving, but registration was in my name) for unregistered vehicle. The morals of the story are don't lose (i.e. risk) your licence unless you can afford to, and riding a sportsbike doesn't make you immune from being caught speeding, :lol:

biggo
15th June 2008, 11:17 PM
3 times

Defect, speeding
Defect defect defect
Careless driving.

Not too bad all up, Remeber kids if your on your open license and get disqualified, your back on your P's. I have no respect for dui either. If you drink be responsible. The amount of kents in court is not funny.

SEXY 16
15th June 2008, 11:57 PM
ive had a few 40k's over fines, only lost my licence once.. was about 2yrs ago, 12months for 172 on the freeway (100k zone).. my brother just put a 1j in his gz20 soarer and i was testing to see if the speed cut was still there.. it still was.. bummer.

couple weeks after i lost it a couple of younger guys (i was 27 at the time) got done for 150 in a school zone, 190 on the freeway, most they got was 6months, i was pretty pissed.. and by young guys i mean still on their p's.. i recall a learner getting booked for dbl the limit and got a grand fine and baned from getting their licence for about 3 months or something bullshit..

i got kids now which is why i changed my driving habits, max 15k's over now and always do the 40k thing in school zones, don't want to hit a kiddy..

-bc

JoshKE
16th June 2008, 01:13 AM
Never even had a speeding fine or a parking ticket... I'm a good boy on the street...

Also the poll sucks cause even if you try and select no it won't let you add to the poll unless you also enter details about your suspension!?!

Ade_Mc
16th June 2008, 01:14 AM
lost for 6months.

...if i'd had the cash for a lawyer i guess i could of got off.
done for neg driving on anzac long weekend, wrote off Honda Teg DC2R on M3.
going a bit fast (cough..240...cough), got blinded by beemer H.I.D in the opposite direction, car stepped out, over corrected, slammed concrete barrier and painted a nice black pin stripe down it.

works510
16th June 2008, 03:57 PM
never lost licence, has a few BS speeding fines ie, reading melways coz lost and got flashed doing 4kmh over limit, and some "not maintaining full control over car".
thats about.
only one place for high speeds = racetrack

verm69
16th June 2008, 04:39 PM
can't say how long i lost if for... didn't pay a fine i got when i first got my first car, and didn't pay it until like less than a year ago... so i guess i lost it for almost 5 years! lol!

when ever cops pulled me over, they told me it was suspended for it, and then i told them i hadn't been told and they said that between QT and the other department who look after it, they are both hopeless and let me off :P

aaaahahahaha... it's funny

ke70dave
16th June 2008, 05:00 PM
never lost license, never lost any points.

about 20 RBT's and license checks.....

2 of those in my driveway!! beat that boys, followed home by cops, pull in behind me in my driveway (one at middday, one at 1am) rbt and license check on my front lawn, then just let me go :2thumbs:

quadeyquade
16th June 2008, 06:25 PM
I have never got my licence. :D

got pulled up driving by myself, was 8km over the limit, and obviously without a licence
the sprinter had bald rear tyres too

the gave me a caution... i was sooo lucky.

4door
16th June 2008, 06:32 PM
never lost the license or had a driving fine..

parking fines on the other hand..... i get them weekly.

actually i went 2 weeks without a parking fine once.

matt99
16th June 2008, 10:00 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (trueno_kim @ Jun 16 2008, 05:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=546947)</div>
parking fines on the other hand..... i get them weekly.

actually i went 2 weeks without a parking fine once.[/b]

Haha, I was about to say, "you must be from Melbourne". The I saw your location and realised you are.

I'm a courier, in a Hi-ace, however a Hi-ace with wheels that hang from the guards and a rather loud exhaust so you can imagine some attention gets drawn to me when I spend most of the day in the city flogging the thing. Ahh the beauty of having a interstate lisence and cops being too lazy to go through the extra work of checking me out "non-Victorian" drivers properly.

So never for me.

DRFTPG
17th June 2008, 03:28 PM
can i change my vote to pending loss :( bad day haha

riojin
17th June 2008, 04:41 PM
no good mate. no good at all

h1_roll4
17th June 2008, 04:53 PM
lost mine (kinda) for 6months.

i was driving on my Ls by myself and rolled my panno.
biiiiiig fine and wasnt allowed to re-apply for my Ls for 6months.

callum1
17th June 2008, 05:26 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gunbz-r @ Jun 15 2008, 10:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=546225)</div>

Cheers Rhys.

P.S Street Racing is bad, and you shouldn't do it.[/b]

why didnt you just take holidays and hang out in jail for a while instead of paying all that dosh. just hit the gym everyday. (never been to jail so i don't know if its practical to really do that)

riojin
17th June 2008, 05:36 PM
id rather pay out 22grand than get ass-raped multiple times a day.

a bloke who works with one of my mates is 6 foot 5 and is build like a tank. he went to jail and after he got out told us "it doesnt matter how big you are, you still take it up the ass when you go to jail."

poor bastard

Gunner
17th June 2008, 06:28 PM
lol, it aint america guys, keep to yourself, don't be a hard lad and your fine, and the biggest rule, don't tlk about what got you in there, don't ask why some one is in there, just mind your business, and hope your lucky enough to go somewhere where you know some one.

and i did 5 weeks or some shit, and id rather pay bail, then do the next 7, its soo boring.

4door
19th June 2008, 01:09 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (matt99 @ Jun 16 2008, 09:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=547186)</div>
Haha, I was about to say, "you must be from Melbourne". The I saw your location and realised you are.

I'm a courier, in a Hi-ace, however a Hi-ace with wheels that hang from the guards and a rather loud exhaust so you can imagine some attention gets drawn to me when I spend most of the day in the city flogging the thing. Ahh the beauty of having a interstate lisence and cops being too lazy to go through the extra work of checking me out "non-Victorian" drivers properly.

So never for me.[/b]
oh i saw a hiace with MA61 rims !! they sat so far out of the guards !!

it was in flemmington.

Driscoll180
19th June 2008, 12:14 PM
i got done speeding and no P plates on the way to melbourne, double demerits so i lost 12 point in one go.
lost it for 6 months.

The moral of this story is don't be stupid when its double demerits lol :unsure:

Roku_70
19th June 2008, 12:41 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fozz @ Jun 14 2008, 09:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=546103)</div>
never lost :ph34r:[/b]

yes you are lucky for that!!!

4ac_mang
21st June 2008, 03:18 PM
Currently suspended... 3years

Road Rage...

Fuckwit swapped on top of me and i went off road... scared the shit out of me (destroyed 3month old paint job)
when i got back on the road i sped up and drove beside him and called him a fuckwit and shit...
He laughed and gave me the finger and sped off...
I chased him and when he finally stopped i jumped out with my fire extinguisher.
Sprayed him in the face as he was getting out of the car and the beat the fuck out of him...

Was so angry i didnt realise he stopped out the front of a police station...

I think i got let of easy(kinda) considering his injuries and everything else i couldve been charged with.

Other than that I'm USUALLY well behaved in cars.