PDA

View Full Version : Rear hopping

MountainRunner
16th June 2008, 12:00 AM
hey i got this problem the rear of the car hops or bounces when the trd blues are on the stiffest settings just wondring why or is there any way 2 stop it

i think the springs arnt stiff enuff ?

any help :2thumbs:

Javal
16th June 2008, 12:15 AM
..........soften the setting on your shocks.

It's a combination of things that cause it. Spring rates, shock settings, pinion angle etc etc.

edit + bushes as well. forgot about that one. Thanks ZhiKai.

blu3man
16th June 2008, 12:53 AM
mine had this problem before i changed all the bushings. after changing every single one at the rear it didnt hop anymore. but yes that could just be one of the reasons.

MountainRunner
16th June 2008, 09:00 AM
I don't have rear bushings i have a 4link which is rose jointed and the rest is all urethane from the whiteline pan hard rod and rear sway bar ill play with the settings when i go on track see how it goes

also another thing is when u get a Whiteline rear sway bar the D bushings don't fit as are 2 small between the link
and the diff any ideas on how to fix it its jsut a stock borg warner

balistic
16th June 2008, 10:40 AM
It hops under acceleration wheel spin? Need to adjust your pinion angle. Do you have traction brackets?

hugh
16th June 2008, 07:07 PM
Javal is correct.

Your trying to run the shocker too hard. If we call a shocker its correct term, a damper, then you have set the damper too hard and it cannot dampen the motion correctly. I have run both of my sets of blues on 4 (TRD and Ken Works), so does my mate. On 5 they are a little too hard and you can feel the rear end unable to absorb longer osillations such as sweeping bends on power down. Over potholes it feels about the same.

Rear bushes (put new factory ones in TRD shocks) also helped decel axel tramp on the track. 5 link rear made no difference to damping, only rear stiffness.
I used the whiteline bushes and made Aluminium spacer to take up slack. Have worked for about 5 yrs.

RobertoX
16th June 2008, 07:36 PM
your springs arent stiff enough for the setting, but then would be too stiff for the weight of the car!

your shocks are too hard, your springs will be fine

niss720
16th June 2008, 07:42 PM
i knew it would have to have been your shocks too hard!

MountainRunner
16th June 2008, 08:16 PM
yeah thanks alot people ill try them on 4 see how it goes

biGtai
16th June 2008, 09:24 PM
hops = rear rises on acceleration? anti-squat? have a read if u didn't know what it was like me..
http://www.raceglides.com.au/TechInfo.htm

Robo86
16th June 2008, 09:56 PM
i used to get hopppp

now run my blues on 4, hasnt hoped once

puzzigully
16th June 2008, 10:16 PM
axle tramp

check your bushes.

MountainRunner
16th June 2008, 11:39 PM
i don't get axles tramp plus like i said the hole rear end has new bushings but I'm going to trydiffrent damper settings when i go on track this sunday

thanks people !