PDA

View Full Version : welded s -series diff

zed x
16th June 2008, 06:55 PM
hi
atm i have a welded s - series diff

and i plan to drift the car and clutch pop it and yeah..

are the axles or diff going to break pretty much any moment or do thhey last a lil longer then that?

Sprinterboy
16th June 2008, 06:59 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (#109 @ Jun 16 2008, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=546973)</div>
hi
atm i have a welded s - series diff

and i plan to drift the car and clutch pop it and yeah..

are the axles or diff going to break pretty much any moment or do thhey last a lil longer then that?[/b]

They'll last a little while, then go ............TWANG!!!!

federal
16th June 2008, 06:59 PM
the diff will be mint unless your a super dooper rad guy.....

this question has NO definate answer....

R1CHYY
16th June 2008, 07:04 PM
mine lasted a year or so, maybe a bit more, of daily use and track abuse

Sprinterboy
16th June 2008, 07:08 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Meathead #1 @ Jun 16 2008, 05:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=546976)</div>
the diff will be mint unless your a super dooper rad guy.....

this question has NO definate answer....[/b]

Hence my answer

driftke70
16th June 2008, 07:19 PM
id rather a keto borgie

reuben
16th June 2008, 07:31 PM
Well i have had a 20v in my corolla with a welded diff for about a year now running 14/185 and have had no problems. Just don't put megga fat grippy tires on the back and it will last ages.

zed x
16th June 2008, 08:34 PM
wow.. there some surprising replys..
basically asked to see if i shouls upgrade my diff now, or when an axle breaks. think i might see how long my luck holds out :)

hmm looks like i best take the toyo proxys of the back as well lol

seek
16th June 2008, 08:57 PM
the welded diff i have in my vehicle has been welded and trashed for about two years now, with the origional owner thrashing it harder then a $1 hooker. the only thing ive replaced in my ownership is new wheel bearings and axle seals.

So in short, it will naturally only last a certain amount of (unkown) time.

reg450
16th June 2008, 09:07 PM
FAR OUT who ever had there diff lasting longer then 3 months is mad. my s series locker snapped an axle and detroyed the centre. depends on how you drive if it axle tramps alot it wont last don't do stand still most load up on a diff as the initial brake off traction at the very point of the clutch ingaging.

note: i went threw 3diffs in 1 year. I'm a real dick head i loved ripping a nice burnout got over it on the 3rd diff.

driftke70
17th June 2008, 08:28 AM
i went through 3 diffs in a month

what makes them last is how nicely they are welded up and their condition to begin with. If they are poorly balanced after being welded they just hum themself to death with too much vibration.

AmyC
17th June 2008, 10:31 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (driftke70 @ Jun 17 2008, 07:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=547372)</div>
i went through 3 diffs in a month

what makes them last is how nicely they are welded up and their condition to begin with. If they are poorly balanced after being welded they just hum themself to death with too much vibration.[/b]
I agree. Like it was said before, Keep to reasonable sized tires and the axles will like you for a little bit of time.