PDA

View Full Version : Blacktop, Silvertop Engine

DAMO46
19th June 2008, 08:30 PM
Yo,
Just wanted to know if a jdm ae86 was registered under nsw rego (which many are)

If i wanted to go 20v would i need
*notify the rta
*Engineers cert

Cause obviously the engine number will change?!
So is this engine conversion legal?

Gunner
19th June 2008, 08:50 PM
yup, provided all emision gear is in place, and its put together correctly

DAMO46
19th June 2008, 09:12 PM
do u know the cost of engineer and transfer the engine num

Gunner
19th June 2008, 10:52 PM
sorry dude, but it can vary with the engineer, ive seen certs. for $50, ive seen em for $450, just depends on what the engineer is like and what he's sayin is ok.

I have never tried to get eng numbers changed, so i can't help you there.

But as i said its all perfectly legal, as long as its done right, and with all the emission gear.

Rhys

ke kid
19th June 2008, 11:07 PM
transfer of engine number is free. just write the new number on your rego papers when you go to pay them and thats it.
well it might be a little different to that in NSW i dunno

Golberg
19th June 2008, 11:34 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ke kid @ Jun 19 2008, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=549088)</div>
transfer of engine number is free. just write the new number on your rego papers when you go to pay them and thats it.
well it might be a little different to that in NSW i dunno[/b]
The word I've got from the NSW RTA about it for putting a 4AGE into my AE71 is that I need to do a "engine number change blue slip" and ensure that all relevant emissions gear is maintained from the car which the new engine came out of.

Just call up the RTA tech assist line and they'll tell you what exactly needs to be done

DAMO46
19th June 2008, 11:38 PM
its possible and not to much of a fuck around id suppose though?

ke kid
19th June 2008, 11:47 PM
yeah should be fairly simple. as long as all the work has been done properly and nothing dodgey just incase the pigs pull you up. and install a cat if there isnt one already on it

DAMO46
19th June 2008, 11:50 PM
lol yeah sweet.