PDA

View Full Version : oil seaping out of head?

zed x
22nd June 2008, 08:38 PM
hi.
could someone please tell me what it means when oil comes out of well - what the arrows are pointing to in the picture... its a minimal amount of oil and the car doesnt blow any smoke...

Gunner
22nd June 2008, 08:46 PM
It usually means that, the seals, have become worn and need to be replaced, or at worst your having an issue with crankcase pressure, I doubt its the latter, and you just need new seals.
May be worth while doing all the seals associated with your rocker cover, as they are probably feelin a little sorry for themselves aswell

Cheers
Rhys

rthy
23rd June 2008, 01:43 AM
I am having the same problem in a large way. I also am thinking along the same lines as Rhys in that its probably those small seals in the cam covers/rocker covers for each spark plug tube. I have a genuine gasket set and so I plan on swapping mine in my spare cam cover and then swapping the cover over when I have a chance to see if it helps it. Right now its leaking down my spark plug tubes and causing massive miss-firing above 6000 to 6500 revs or so, sounds bloody horrible.

riceburner
23rd June 2008, 05:15 PM
got the same issue with my 16v... any idea how much the seals will cost?

rthy
23rd June 2008, 08:01 PM
sorry can't help you on that one, mine came with my complete gasket kit that I had sent from new zealand