PDA

View Full Version : Do you know TOUGE DRIFTER / Layne Richardson

Matt-AE86
22nd June 2008, 09:19 PM
Does anyone know Layne Richardson, that goes under the username on here "TOUGE DRIFTER"

I purchased a SR20 Brake kit upgrade from him last November.

I purchased the kit for $330 dollars including postage.

He gave me promises and advised that HE was getting the run around by a garage that had his car.

To this day all I have been given is broken promises.

He said he would refund me.. 5 times..

He said he would send it.. i can't remember how many times

He said they were sent, I havent received anything.

Does anyone know him. He lives in Queensland, not sure what area.

He doesnt answer his phone or reply to sms's.

He doesnt reply to emails

Please someone help me, even if you know him or can speak to him.

I want the brakes or the money. either is fine.

Admins, if this a problem, please pm or watever. I'm just fed up, and need some help.

orange32
22nd June 2008, 09:22 PM
I have met him. A mate bought a silvia and a cefiro off him.

Pm me for more details if you like.

bleedingpanda
22nd June 2008, 09:55 PM
is this him? (dude on left)
(image removed)

Matt-AE86
22nd June 2008, 10:02 PM
Don't know, I'm in WA.

orange32
22nd June 2008, 10:08 PM
not him.

bleedingpanda
22nd June 2008, 10:20 PM
mmm same name and in brisbane.

and owned a silvia

Driftspec
22nd June 2008, 11:21 PM
This thread is fine, as long as no abuse or irrelevant posts. As mods or admins we can't do too much, however if the community can help another that would be great.

johl
23rd June 2008, 02:22 PM
i know him. he moved to adelaide bout 2 months ago. seemed like a good bloke but there you go. i'l chase up his mobile number off a mate and get it to u to make sure u have the right one. my mate knows him quite a bit so give him a pm. he's on SD and his user name is scott_a31. he bought laynes ceffy. also try jdm garage as erin may know his where abouts as i think layne still owes him money

sdm86
23rd June 2008, 04:25 PM
so many dodgoes on here.

another WA mate of mine got ripped off with coilovers, took 4months to send them and when he got them they werent even sprinter struts.

good luck in tracking them matty.

howee
23rd June 2008, 04:55 PM
bleedingpanda That isn't layne.

Layne use to live bout 5 houses up from me. He's now in Adelaide. He hasn't been on msn in a few weeks. He seemed like a mad fella.. but I guess this has proved me wrong, or hes changed his ways.

Ill see if i can get any more contact details of Erin from JDM. umm or his old house mates.

Sorry to hear buddy.

Ill contact u asap. Otherwise add me on msn - surfa_howy69@hotmail.com

howee

RobertoX
23rd June 2008, 04:58 PM
matt, i love you, and i live in adelaide

bleedingpanda
23rd June 2008, 05:52 PM
oh he is in adelaide now...

interesting...

hang on.

Edit: This has to be him

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/7884/n6540667085995023365dh6.th.jpg (http://img528.imageshack.us/my.php?image=n6540667085995023365dh6.jpg)

kaibeecee
23rd June 2008, 06:30 PM
i don't think what he looks like is going to help some dude on the opposite side of the country recover his losses.

howee
23rd June 2008, 06:31 PM
Very true ^^^^
thats him. look like my train station too..

bleedingpanda
23rd June 2008, 06:44 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kaibeecee @ Jun 23 2008, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=550954)</div>
i don't think what he looks like is going to help some dude on the opposite side of the country recover his losses.[/b]

it might not... but atleast we have pinpointed his face so any one else personally dealing with him can STAY AWAY!

(doubt many people though face-face)

Sprinter-Saurus
23rd June 2008, 06:53 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kaibeecee @ Jun 23 2008, 06:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=550954)</div>
i don't think what he looks like is going to help some dude on the opposite side of the country recover his losses.[/b]

It could help someone in Adelaide if they track him down and break his knee-caps though. ;)

blair
23rd June 2008, 07:11 PM
edit: my bad.

deleta
23rd June 2008, 07:44 PM
his mob number is 0449077235,

i got my superlights from him, he is hard to get a hold of.

hope that helped :)

driftke70
23rd June 2008, 07:50 PM
he murdered my wife, and raped my children

sdm86
23rd June 2008, 08:32 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (driftke70 @ Jun 23 2008, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=551058)</div>
he murdered my wife, and raped my children[/b]

you got off easy.

slydar
23rd June 2008, 08:39 PM
can we have some type of bad seller register at all?

just a thread pinned in the for sale section.

you post the user name and state in the title, and other details ect in the post body.

like somewhere where there is a list of people who've ripped people off?

with there user name, state, and phone numbers listed.

like i know its easy to just get a new user name ect, but if you get peoples phone number (mobile and a land line/work) it could end up being a useful resource.

obviously there is potential for it to turn into a shit fight, but you could easily have outlined in the first post some rules and some strict penalties if theyre broken. as long as its kept nice and formal, then i don't see the harm, you can PM the person who has had the issue and get their story ect..

just an idea.

sdm86
23rd June 2008, 08:41 PM
like on rollaclub?
theyre for sale parts are fairly strict.
people seemto abide by the rules though aswell.

week after week these "dodgy" sellers keep coming up. its only a matter of time before some kind of system is entitled.

biggo
23rd June 2008, 10:15 PM
indeed ^^^

i mean how hard is it to got to a post office and send a box?

seek
23rd June 2008, 11:22 PM
reply to slydar.

the problem with this though (and you will notice its VERY well inforced on large forums, example OCAU) is that it can easily become defamatory, as there are always two sides to a story and that puts the site owner in the firing line, legally speaking.

this goes for any forum... just generally the ones who actively have such a thing slydar discussed most possibly arnt fully aware of the concequences ( again reference: OCAU v sinlit case)

agreed its a shame that these kind of people on forums do what they do, but the BEST way to stop it is to grab legit details off a seller BEFORE handing over cash. with the right information, police actaully CAN do something.... (no, a mobile phone number is not enough information).

i put forward a counter-idea whereby instead of saying who is shithouse at online trading, put in your signitures a list of people who YOU have actaully traded with (and are satisfied with them)... this removes almost all legal implications, and still acheives the same idea.

slydar
24th June 2008, 01:42 AM
ok.

1. i have no idea what OCAU is.... link so i can enlighten myself?

ok i googled over clockers.. sinlit is a company though?

i dunno i just can't see how anything could come of one person say posting.

sn XXX

name joe blog

phone number given 04xx xxx xxx

transaction x for x$

paid xx/xx/xx

circumstance blah blah this agreed this didnt happen

then maybe make it a rule you have to use the template, make only one post, no extra "emotional" comments and the only reply allowed is from the person in question, or people who know the person first hand who can help with the matter.

if you break the rules at all you get probation, whether youre the victim or the culprit.

dunno.. guess really it probably can't work given the society we live in and the associated retarded laws... fucking annoying though.

johl
24th June 2008, 02:05 AM
hey mate i called my friend who knows layne and he said erin definatel has ur brakes and layne wanted my friend to post them to you as he didnt have time before he left. but obviously my mate was making nothing out of it so he said get fkt do it urself. so get in contact with erin from jdm garage

bleedingpanda
24th June 2008, 07:15 AM
OCAU = Overclockers Australia.

I'm actually on there everyday ahhaa.

/geek

Matt-AE86
24th June 2008, 03:11 PM
thanks for the replies guys. any info you want to share, just pm me.

He seemed fine and seemed like he did want to get the gear to me. It's just disappointing that I have got nothing from this and I might be 330 dollars out of pocket.

I'm just tired of waiting for him to return calls or sms or emails so was seeing if anyone knew him or could help.

I see some are doing detective work, lol.

Driftspec
24th June 2008, 09:25 PM
The bad sellers register has been discussed and rejected, for legal reasons - its defamation. Especially when it's one persons word against another, which leads to eBay syndrome - where someone claims that they didn't receive the goods and gives negative feedback, the sender has actually sent the goods, but the feedback can't be undone.

Good work on tracking down the person guys, it shows what a great community we have going here. I'll close the topic, but if anyone has any updates or the OP wants to post anything, please let me know and I will re-open it :)

scott_20valvehachi
25th June 2008, 12:01 PM
layne has a new number and i have spoken to him but he called of a private number. next time i speak to him i will try find out what the deal is.

Matt-AE86
26th June 2008, 03:49 PM
Looks like this Unsolved Mystery might be solved. Thanks to Ant from Kaizen Gara-ge', he has spoken to erin from JDM Garage and we have tracked the brakes down and some new facts have been given to complete the puzzle.

Hopefully the info you guys have given here plus the work that ant and erin is doing a few people might be well off.

Thanks to everyone for there help.

howee
28th June 2008, 04:25 PM
Hopefully the info you guys have given here plus the work that ant and erin is doing a few people might be well off.

serious factor. good news.

howee

45LDN
30th June 2008, 01:44 AM
Hey mate
My name is Erin, i run JDM Garage. This is a friends account as i am not a member of this forum.

Your brakes have been sitting at my shed collecting dust for a while. I was unsure who owned them as layne droped them off in a plastic box and said someone would pick them up and pay me.
He has some outstanding debts from a car he bought from me.

I am more then happy to get these items to you, Ant from Kaizen phoned me the other night and mentioned you were chasing them.

Please contact me via email or phone to orgnise shipping etc

jdmgarageerin@ezweb.com.au

verm69
30th June 2008, 12:47 PM
good work team! :woot:

it's good that a few people who are willing to help out and give a little time can correct faults of someone who is slack... :2thumbs:

86dc=your personal army ;)

jezz
3rd July 2008, 07:46 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (seek @ Jun 23 2008, 10:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=551286)</div>
reply to slydar.

i put forward a counter-idea whereby instead of saying who is shithouse at online trading, put in your signitures a list of people who YOU have actaully traded with (and are satisfied with them)... this removes almost all legal implications, and still acheives the same idea.[/b]

Guys used to do this on toymods, was a good idea!

GAKI86
5th July 2008, 05:25 PM
^^ just like mine, except I'm still waiting..........

:fakenopic:

TOUGE DRIFTER
8th July 2008, 05:45 AM
it is gold what happens when you google your name

pm sent matt

erin you are full of shit you have know that those brakes have needed to go since xmas ( but will not get into that in a PUBLIC form).

Sherlock
12th July 2008, 02:20 AM
LOL^. Glad this is sorted. Shall close before a shit fight or something starts.