PDA

View Full Version : help me ke keeps stalling

mattie
23rd June 2008, 09:25 AM
hey guys just bought a ke70 last week drove fine until i lowered it on friday night now it keeps stalling and wont start again i have replaced pump,filters and carby but it`s still doing it.

i have good fuel pressure i revs fine but when I'm driving it it will go for a while and then start to splutter then stall i have heaps of spark,now it`s been lowered the car is really stiff do you think it could be because of that,something`s disconecting?

any help would be appreciated.

thanks matt

mattie
23rd June 2008, 01:45 PM
someone said maybe it`s the points could this be correct?

pebbles
23rd June 2008, 02:27 PM
duno why coz the cars lowered, doubt it has much to do with it, probs just coincidence.

so it wont start?

what happenes when you try and start?

check fuses first

also check wires that goto starter, mine came loose the other day and car woudlnt start took me ages to work it out n it was just a loose wire right next to the battery lol

but yeah, stalling could also be points, and not starting, if it turns over and doesnt start it most probs is that, that happened on mine aswell
have you checkd spark?
check spark, and if you are getting some spark but not like 1-2-3-4 spark
then do the points,

ito check the spark get the lead that goes from the coil to the dizzy, and take it off the dizzy and hold it next to the body of the car while a mate turns the motor over with the key.

the spark should be about 4 a second or so, not like 1 a second which is what it might be if the points are set shit, or even nothing at all if the points are closed shut.

also your ballast resister could be fucked, white thing next to coil,

u can bypass this with wire as a dodgey short term "see if it works thing" but not adviseable to do this as a fix tho i did in my ke30 lol

mattie
23rd June 2008, 04:55 PM
iv`e tried all that i just poured fuel down the carb and it started ran excellent but then stalled again iv`e replaced 2 carbs 3 fuel pumps and 2 filters wtf could it be??

i just replaced the coil,points,ballast resistor and plugs it`s probably something stupid.

E7
23rd June 2008, 08:20 PM
vacumeeeeeeeeeeeee check thats shit yo, emissions bullshit

stefan
23rd June 2008, 08:23 PM
4k or 4kc?

mattie
23rd June 2008, 10:28 PM
4k-c mate

resol
23rd June 2008, 11:46 PM
idle control solenoid.

its always the goddamn control solenoid...check fuses marked "engine" to see if they are fine. and there should be a wire from the carby to a plug then more wires goin into the loom. make sure thats plugged together...

jackm
24th June 2008, 06:59 PM
did it start after you put a new fuel load in it? i filled up at a bp once and bought 50 bucks worth of ultimate water
could the coil be getting too hot? would this cause that aswell?

Medicine_Man
24th June 2008, 08:46 PM
http://www.rollaclub.com/faq/index.php?tit..._Series/4kstall (http://www.rollaclub.com/faq/index.php?title=Tech:Engine/K_Series/4kstall)

???

mattie
25th June 2008, 08:24 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jackm @ Jun 24 2008, 05:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=551659)</div>
did it start after you put a new fuel load in it? i filled up at a bp once and bought 50 bucks worth of ultimate water
could the coil be getting too hot? would this cause that aswell?[/b]

funny you should say that my beetle had 1/4 of a tank so i puored it in drove down to the servo 2 mins to put air into the tyres away from my house drove about 100mtrs from the servo and it died.

might go out and drain it.and pour some fresh stuff in.

thanks heaps.

mattie
28th June 2008, 05:09 PM
it ahs new fuel in it got done at a mechanics ran fine for an hour then spluttered and stalled again. has me stumped i drove it a fair bit does anyone think it could be my fuel pick up in the tank?? the car is on a slight lean am running stockies on the back and 15`s on the front.

starni_boy
28th June 2008, 06:47 PM
I couldn't start the 4K-c in the van a few weeks ago.

We found out after 3 hours of checking everything and thinking wtf is it, we found that the wire from the coil to the dizzy was stuffed, with a tiny bit of wire left inside that was rubbing. This was making it get spark still, but not enough to get it to kick over.

Also, Wheel type shouldn't do anything at all. Maybe something in the gearbox that is making it stall, Clutch?

How long ago was the Clutch re done? Or a new one?

mattie
29th June 2008, 03:39 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (starni_boy @ Jun 28 2008, 05:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=553844)</div>
I couldn't start the 4K-c in the van a few weeks ago.

We found out after 3 hours of checking everything and thinking wtf is it, we found that the wire from the coil to the dizzy was stuffed, with a tiny bit of wire left inside that was rubbing. This was making it get spark still, but not enough to get it to kick over.

Also, Wheel type shouldn't do anything at all. Maybe something in the gearbox that is making it stall, Clutch?

How long ago was the Clutch re done? Or a new one?[/b]

clutch is fine it`s a fuel problem i ran fuel through a bottle into the lines and it started first go and ran till the bottle was empty.
does anyone know someone that i can take it to to get it checked out for sure??

I'm in the northern suburbs

jackm
29th June 2008, 11:53 PM
did you drain the tank? anything look suss about it? if it was water run metho through the system to clean out your carby.
otherwise id be replacing fuel filters