PDA

View Full Version : Quad Light Help!

Sherlock
24th June 2008, 06:41 PM
Hello all!

I'm helping my mate (JAY.DEE.EM) install his Quad lights and we've come to wiring part...

The wires on one side are 'Red-Black, Red-Green, Red-Green and Red-Yellow' and on the other they are 'Red-Black, Red-Green, Red-Yellow and Red-Yellow'

So obviously the 'Red-Black' is earth, easy, so what we need to know is the other colours and also why there is 2 green on one side, and 2 yellow on the other...

Basically what we want to achieve is to have all 4 lights on when beams are on, and then the 2 outer lights to be High beam.

Confusing enough? Good. Help please? :)

Whip
24th June 2008, 07:33 PM
Ok

Can someone tell us the colours for the different wires, i don't need to know what the different functions of the prongs are, just need to know that wires do what..

stahlz_ae86
24th June 2008, 07:36 PM
Get a test light and play with your headlight switch. Test lights cost sfa, and you'll use it for other stuff like tracing constant power and accessories when istalling headunits etc...

Sherlock
24th June 2008, 08:57 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Medicine_Man @ Jun 24 2008, 07:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=551753)</div>
Will put a scan up of the wiring diagram and a description of what does what for you..[/b]

Cheers man

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JAY.DEE.EM @ Jun 24 2008, 07:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=551742)</div>
Just sorted it all out, but why are my globes filling with smoke :lol:[/b]

Can anyone answer this one? Is it not wired in properly? I don't like smoking globes :(

Medicine_Man
24th June 2008, 09:03 PM
The smoke is always in them, You just haven't let it out yet.. :2thumbs:

Sherlock
24th June 2008, 09:05 PM
I don't get it :(

Yesterday when we put the old loom plug into one side, it filled up with smoke and then popped...and we tried again then and the other started to fill up so we stopped so it didn't pop again...

Medicine_Man
24th June 2008, 09:20 PM
KE70 lights are not positively switched, So I hope you don't have a constant ground..

Whip
24th June 2008, 10:09 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Medicine_Man @ Jun 24 2008, 07:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=551781)</div>
KE70 lights are not positively switched, So I hope you don't have a constant ground..[/b]

Could this be the problem?, we have used the same ground that was used on the previous lights.

Medicine_Man
24th June 2008, 10:16 PM
Yes, Which is why I have just scanned the diagrams and are currently in the process of making a FAQ article so you can understand it better. Of course there is always a ground there when the lights are off, Its going to frame back through the filaments (Low and High beam) which are linked to common..

Whip
24th June 2008, 10:23 PM
Cheers man, thanks for helping out, muchly appreciated ^_^

ke70dave
24th June 2008, 11:04 PM
ive done exactly what you are doing, ill see what medicine man comes up with in the way of diagrams and FAQ ness.

and if your still confused i can take some pics of what ive done.

i remember it being a bit tricky, but i can go and see what wires i used etc if you like.

Sherlock
24th June 2008, 11:11 PM
We've got it all sussed now! Big thanks to Medicine_Man, I believe he's putting the finishing touches on an FAQ article for this. Its pretty simple once you get the hang of it.

Thanks for the offer ke70dave!

Medicine_Man
24th June 2008, 11:17 PM
http://www.rollaclub.com/faq/index.php?tit...eadlight_Wiring (http://www.rollaclub.com/faq/index.php?title=Upgrades:KE70_Single_to_Twin_Headl ight_Wiring)

Put it up on the rollaclub FAQ for now but will transfer it across later..

marvis
25th June 2008, 12:39 AM
Hell yeah!

Sherlock
25th June 2008, 01:02 AM
Cleaned this out now, I'll close it also but leave it here just in case someone searches for some Quad wiring info!

Thanks again Medicine_Man.