PDA

View Full Version : setup my amp

AE86.cn
25th June 2008, 07:09 PM
need some help to setup my amp.
I'm running only 1 subwoofer with my amp, no speaker connect to the amp.
for some reason, the on-off switch is not working, so if i bridge B+ to REM, will this fix the problem?
also for the sub, one wire goes to L+, and the other wire goes to R+, why both of them are +?

Roo
25th June 2008, 07:13 PM
your amp will alway be on so you will have a flat battery soon, you will need to fine a acc signal and tap it into that then go back to your amp

howee
25th June 2008, 07:19 PM
well i run from battary to my amp. B+
then from my stereo to amp. REM
then ground.

Them amp to sub i just run R+ and R- cause its one speaker.. works fine
so switch the L+ to a R- and try that

howee

AE86.cn
25th June 2008, 07:31 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Roo @ Jun 25 2008, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=552276)</div>
your amp will alway be on so you will have a flat battery soon, you will need to fine a acc signal and tap it into that then go back to your amp[/b]
no sure how to...
could you draw a pic for me?
thanks

AE86.cn
25th June 2008, 07:33 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (howee @ Jun 25 2008, 06:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=552281)</div>
well i run from battary to my amp. B+
then from my stereo to amp. REM
then ground.

Them amp to sub i just run R+ and R- cause its one speaker.. works fine
so switch the L+ to a R- and try that

howee[/b]
if i switch them, and if that comes out wrong, will it damage the sub?
thats the thing i concern.

ke70dave
25th June 2008, 07:52 PM
is your amp actually designed for bridging?

if it is designed it will have it drawn on it, or it will be in the manual.

also read the manual for it that will tell you, or find some information in google.

if your amp isn't designed for bridging then you will quickly destroy it :2thumbs:

AE86.cn
25th June 2008, 08:06 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ke70dave @ Jun 25 2008, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=552305)</div>
is your amp actually designed for bridging?

if it is designed it will have it drawn on it, or it will be in the manual.

also read the manual for it that will tell you, or find some information in google.

if your amp isn't designed for bridging then you will quickly destroy it :2thumbs:[/b]
yes, my amp has the same lay out and words written on it as i draw on the pic.

ke70dave
25th June 2008, 08:15 PM
hmm you make a good point then, as it should be R+ and L- (or R- and L+)

what type of amp is it, do you have a model number.

also for testing purposes bridging the positive battery to the remote, should make it turn on (assuming your ground is connected too)

Roo
25th June 2008, 08:16 PM
when you bride a amp

it should have

channel 1 + and -
channel 2 + and -

you want the + on channel 1 and the - on channel 2

AE86.cn
25th June 2008, 08:27 PM
haven't got a part number...
it's a 2 channel 100W amp
i will try the + on channel 1 and the - on channel 2

Roo
how do you tap it to the acc wire and back to the amp? could you draw a pic for me?

Roo
25th June 2008, 08:46 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AE86.cn @ Jun 25 2008, 07:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=552337)</div>
haven't got a part number...
it's a 2 channel 100W amp
i will try the + on channel 1 and the - on channel 2

Roo
how do you tap it to the acc wire and back to the amp? could you draw a pic for me?[/b]
you normal run the remote from the back of the headunit, or you can use something that runs off acc power eg cigy lighter.

no pics needed .

basicly look at the back of headunit and there should be a blue or blue with white line that rem(remote turn on wire for your amp)

AE86.cn
25th June 2008, 09:11 PM
so basicly, what i understand so far is you have to draw current to REM to operate the amp, right?
so what if i bridge ACC & REM? is this what you mean tap?

Bobomacho
25th June 2008, 09:52 PM
the amp must recieve a 12V from the remote wire in order to turn it on. you only want this 12v signal when the car is on so your battery won't go flat

remove your head unit the wiring coming straight out of the plug at the back of it, RED is usually ACC power. so the REM wire that goes to your amp you can connect it to this red wire also.

this will trigger the amp to go on when you turn key to ACC

AE86.cn
25th June 2008, 10:11 PM
which one is right?

http://ae86.info/cn/img/net/amp2.jpg

http://ae86.info/cn/img/net/amp.jpg

Roo
25th June 2008, 10:20 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AE86.cn @ Jun 25 2008, 09:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=552424)</div>
which one is right?

http://ae86.info/cn/img/net/amp2.jpg

http://ae86.info/cn/img/net/amp.jpg[/b]
tap in i mean join on, some headunits don't have rem so in that case you find a wire that only has power when you turn your key.

this rem wire is only a wire that tells your amp that your stereo is running so its time to turn on.

so just go from rem on the headunit to the amp and the amp will turn on when the headunit turns on

then when you turn your headunit up you should end up something like this
http://youtube.com/watch?v=yhXFqFJdflY

AE86.cn
25th June 2008, 10:35 PM
sick vid, Roo!

so the first 1 without the yellow wire will be right?

but WTH when i got the amp, it was bridged B+ to REM!!!

Roo
25th June 2008, 10:51 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AE86.cn @ Jun 25 2008, 09:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=552443)</div>
sick vid, Roo!

so the first 1 without the yellow wire will be right?

but WTH when i got the amp, it was bridged B+ to REM!!![/b]
thanks

yes that is correct

lol someone has done a dodgy install on it

it works but your amp will never turn off then you get a flat battery

AE86.cn
25th June 2008, 11:06 PM
thanks for help
but i worry about your tail gate window, lol~~~

Roo
25th June 2008, 11:08 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AE86.cn @ Jun 25 2008, 10:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=552475)</div>
thanks for help
but i worry about your tail gate window, lol~~~[/b]
lol its no problem, the air escapes too quickly to build up enough pressure to do anything

AE86.cn
26th June 2008, 12:27 AM
just finish wiring
sounds awsome!!!
100w amp with 800w pioneer sub ^^

Roo
26th June 2008, 09:45 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AE86.cn @ Jun 25 2008, 11:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=552572)</div>
just finish wiring
sounds awsome!!!
100w amp with 800w pioneer sub ^^[/b]
ok sweet glad it all worked out

just be careful with the gains

Tim.duncan
26th June 2008, 01:32 PM
hey guys

just a quick tip that i got from a dude that used to do comp stereo installs when you conect your huge ass wire into them big fuses you use (the one from the battery) cut a strip of thin copper (shim) and wrap the wire then put it in and do up the screw this will give you a really good conection instead of just having bare wires like we all have done at one stage of out lifes!!! Also it is important to have good conection an ALL your stero cables eg soldering on conection NEVER just chuck the wires under the clamps and do them up, this is dodgy. Its takes a bit longer but at the end of the day you know its all correct and will end up having a better sounding stereo.
hope this helps with your fully sick doof doof

verm69
27th June 2008, 12:19 PM
typically the remote wire at the back of your head unit will be blue... run a wire from here to the REM on your amp and you'll be sweet

i have a 2000watt rms sub and a 200w amp... god dam it cranks... it makes the hair on your head vibrate! :lol: