PDA

View Full Version : what do i need:(

zed x
27th June 2008, 03:17 PM
i bought some adm standered front brakes to put on my car to pass blue slip with but they wouldn't fit over the axles/stubaxles(whatever there called)
now the front suspension has a coil over kit on it bu other then that ive got no idea what i actually need
do i need to but standered adm front struts (do they included the axle)
or can the lil axle be taken out and replaced with a smaler diameter one???

i can take photos of the setup if need be

Todd
28th June 2008, 01:11 AM
take photos.

sounds like u havnt removed the dust caps so thats why the brakes wont fit over the stubs.

either that or u got sold a different set of brakes. lol

ur best bet is to take some photos so we can see what ur trying to do

zed x
28th June 2008, 06:13 PM
ok well heres a photo of some struts similar to mine... the part where the arrow is pointing (the stub axle) is to thick for the brakes i bought (standered adm ones) to fit over.

at the moment it has supra front brakes on it so I'm assuming the stub axle has been changed to a thicker one so the supra brakes fit flushly on it yeah???

so it would be right in saying i need to buy some standered adm struts for the brakes ive bought to fit over???

or can i jsut change the stub axle too a thinner one somehow??

seek
28th June 2008, 06:32 PM
what struts are yours? if the stabaxle is too big, then i have a feeling the're not ae86 struts, assuming the brakes your trying to fit are ae86 ones.

get us a pic of the calipers, and mounting brackets. any numbers stamped on the calipers? I'm pretty sure 2014 and 2022 are ae86 calipers.

starni_boy
28th June 2008, 06:38 PM
These were bought off SON57A.

They are AE86 struts converted to coilovers. You sure your not using KE70 or AE71 brakes??

Might be using wrong brakes etc, as said above, check the part number stamped into the caliper.

seek
28th June 2008, 07:20 PM
i read it as, OP used son57a's struts for the picture to explain the stubaxles?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
k well heres a photo of some struts similar to mine... the part where the arrow is pointing (the stub axle)[/b]

hatzo
28th June 2008, 07:29 PM
The rotors mount to the Hubs ,
which in turn mount to the stub..

(Don't forget bearings)

zed x
28th June 2008, 07:36 PM
so i need to buy standered struts to pass blue slip yeah???

hatzo
28th June 2008, 07:42 PM
sorry there is too little information ,

Download the AE86 workshop manual (google it) ,
and it will give you instructions , and it will tell you what parts are required.

Golberg
28th June 2008, 07:44 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (#109 @ Jun 28 2008, 06:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=553862)</div>
so i need to buy standered struts to pass blue slip yeah???[/b]
Yes, you can't go swapping stub axles, not without some fabrication fun.

Either that or just grab some stock AE71/KE70 struts (because they are a fair bit cheaper), arms and brakes and put them on you AE86 I doubt they are going to know the difference. Then just put the supra ones back on after blue slip.

zed x
29th June 2008, 02:16 PM
ok well i definately have standered ae86 brakes and calipers...

so i must have a different type on strut on my car...

so.. anyone got any standered struts for sale!!