PDA

View Full Version : NOISY DIFF, NEED HELP

dr1ft-pig
29th June 2008, 08:10 PM
hey all, just installed my new t series diff (whole new housing)

and now ive taken it for a drive and its only when i back off or take load off the diff it makes a very very loud whine kinda like a circular saw cutting wood

now my old diff made this sound but only when just under load,

i just wanna know why it only does it when i back off and should i get it checked out, i really don't wanna ruin my old/new 4.3

cheers

Roku_70
29th June 2008, 08:16 PM
ive got some earplugs for ya???

$5 mates rates

ke70dave
29th June 2008, 08:19 PM
sounds like its cactus!

mine ran out of oil a while ago, and at first it started to whine when on throttle.

then that gradually got louder and louder, to the point where it whined all the time!

mine actually got quieter when it had load....

dr1ft-pig
29th June 2008, 08:42 PM
i fuckin hope not, i just bought the fuckin thing

only upside to this diff is the handbrake is THE sickest

orange32
29th June 2008, 08:49 PM
It's a locker yeah?

Mine used to make the same noises you described. I believe it is a slightly warped gear (crown wheel?) from when the centre was welded.

Mark's green ke70 does the same as well, it makes my ears ring for hours after a short ride.

Ksevn-T
29th June 2008, 09:13 PM
Ive got the same problem. Apparently its the bearings around the crown wheel but cbf paying to get it fixed, after all its only a borgie.

dr1ft-pig
29th June 2008, 09:18 PM
the welded centre in my old t series was quiet, this was the one i had after the noisy one decided to shit its pants

ahh well, I'm gonna pull it out and get it recod, i just bought me another 4.1 centre

FLT LNR
30th June 2008, 04:17 AM
<_< sorry, has to be said, BANANA PEEL

dr1ft-pig
30th June 2008, 02:37 PM
na man fuck that... u ever smelt that shit after u drain it outta your diff????

wow stinks something fierce