PDA

View Full Version : Emissions - 4k What Is Needed?

marvis
6th July 2008, 07:05 PM
I have just put a 4k-c from a ke35(?) into my KE70 and the emissions from the carby are different. It wont start, what do i need to plugged un/blocked off to have my car running?

I have done some reading on it and it seems i only need the vac adv (from dizzy) to run, is this correct? Do i just plug everything else up?

Or maybe a 3k carby as this is meant to have no emissions? Can anyone clear this up?

I don't car about the legality of it, i just want it to run.

Thanks,
marvis.

marvis
6th July 2008, 08:05 PM
I found this: so i might have a crack at this setup tomorrow..

No one has any input?

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/uploads/monthly_07_2008/post-1931-1215335099_thumb.jpg

japlish
7th July 2008, 12:07 PM
yeah it should run as long as all the pipes are blocked and your vacum advance is connected?
annnnd make sure the line going to your secondaries is hooked up cause your secondaries are vacum not mechanical!

ke kid
7th July 2008, 05:44 PM
^^ my secondaries are basically mechanical lol.

all i did was got a bit of hose with a ball bearing in it, pulled off the old hose on the secondary vacuum diaphram, closed the diapharam with my finger and shoved the ball bearinged hose where the old one went!
ZING! instant ghetto-spec power upgrade! :yes:

marvis
7th July 2008, 06:45 PM
Secondary?

I'm going to get a 3k carby on wends so it will hopefully help...

Bastard still wont start.. May be timing also..

ke70dave
7th July 2008, 07:51 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (marvis @ Jul 7 2008, 05:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=557868)</div>
I'm going to get a 3k carby on wends so it will hopefully help...[/b]

excelent idea

i was in your position about 1.5yrs ago, got a car (4k ke70) that had had the emissions butchered and it started, but didnt run very well.

ended up getting a 3k carby, 4 bolts, one pipe for vac advance, and the brake booster pipe, connected fuel. started first time!

been running it ever since, no dramas at all!

btw your carby has 2 barrells (holes where the air fuel mixture goes down into the manifold) got the small one (primary), used for low revs low load, and the bigger one (secondary) which opens up under high load high rpm to let in more air and fuel. if the secondaries aren't opening then you will get no revs and no power!

marvis
7th July 2008, 11:07 PM
Ah i see, so the secondary's hose goes around the carby halfway from memory?

Thanks man.