View Full Version : s13 hub steering arm MODS

350hp4agte
16th May 2009, 10:27 AM
hey guys i want to send my s13 hubs in or the casting that holds the hub in to get the steering arm modded so it sits more in line with the rack, now i have measured it up and have a basic idea of what i want, but i was woundering what the thoughts were out there regarding this mod i.e how far to move it does increasing the angle make a difference with regards to lock etc. or if anyone has a basic drawing of a modified one and pics also if anyone has pics could you please post them up

cheers

marvis
16th May 2009, 12:59 PM
What's this in? Will it be forward/back/up or down?

marvis.

fantapants
16th May 2009, 05:55 PM
there are a bunch of threads on ns.com

or i have pics floating round here i can throw up of mine if you want.

Decide what you want to change.. aster stearing, more lock, what your going to do wit ackermans, how your going to deal with binding etc etc etc.

also check eddies build thread, he has modded his.

also just for note, heard d1 have banned welded knuckles... just a thought but im guessing it wont be long befor cams jumps on the bandwagon and bans them. Apparently they are legal atm only because cams have NO rules regarding stearing arm modifications atm.

FAST EDDIE
16th May 2009, 07:55 PM
chesck simon_ke70 build thread he has done some work on these

kaibeecee
17th May 2009, 08:56 PM
also just for note, heard d1 have banned welded knuckles... just a thought but im guessing it wont be long befor cams jumps on the bandwagon and bans them. Apparently they are legal atm only because cams have NO rules regarding stearing arm modifications atm.

thats only for street legal.

not normal D1 which still allows modified knuckles.

its not really needed with an 86, removing the ackermans would pretty much do it for me.

FAST EDDIE
18th May 2009, 10:53 PM
i have shortened knuckles in my 86 no extra lock but less turns lock to lock? Makes the steering heavier too which i like!!!