View Full Version : 4AGZE block - 4AGE head? -help

shuvke70
16th May 2009, 08:09 PM
Hi all

I currently have a turbo bigblock 4AGZE in my ke70 with a stuffed head.

I have found a number of bigport 4AGE heads but am unsure if they are the same and if/ how much modification is required to fit one up.

So my question is will a bigport GE head fit on ZE block?

And if anybody is selling a head in Adelaide or is willing to post one could you PM me?

Any info, help, tips or links etc would be highly appreciated.

thanks

Also i need a new head gasket so i was wondering if a 1mm TRD metal head gasket, or something along those lines would be suitable for my motor, which is making 150kw's on about 15-17 psi

thanks
-Jarryd

Golberg
17th May 2009, 01:20 AM
Heads will go on any bottom ends and vise versa. Is your GZE a bigport to being with? If so you'll have no issues at all. I can't remember if the cams are any different in the GZE over the GE, otherwise there'd be no difference.

Its slightly more complicated if you have a small port GZE and you are trying to put a bigport GE head on it. You'd need to block the oil drain at the back of the block on the drivers side.

Hen may possibly be a nut
17th May 2009, 05:57 AM
GE and GZE heads are identical bar the cam covers (one says supercharged surprise surprise).

The only issue is as Golberg says. If you get a bigport head, not issues, smallport head will fit but means messing with intake manifold, oil drain, injector rail etc, etc, which differ between the two.

Hen

shuvke70
17th May 2009, 01:36 PM
yea thanks guys

but yes to my undestanding the only differences are the rocker/ cam covers and the duration of the cams. just thought I'd double check before making a final purchase.

my only other question is a cosmetic one. can u interchange the supercharger cam covers with just the standard GE ones?

i read somewhere that theyre not but I myself couldnt see why you couldnt

thanks

-Jarryd

Golberg
17th May 2009, 06:51 PM
I don't see why not, you might just have to change the threaded stems which come up from the cam caps to suit the covers.