PDA

View Full Version : TRD .5mm rwd head gasket part number required...

shelldrake
6th August 2008, 01:20 PM
Hey Guys,

Does anyone have the part number for a rwd trd head gasket (.5mm). I know they come in both .8mm and .5mm. They should also have different part numbers for fwd and rwd. I wish I had a trd catalogue. If it's and ae86 specific part number it will obviously be rwd. (Before someone says a head gasket has nothing to do with the engine config, I have it on good authority that the cooling holes are slightly different, which relates to flow direction) Many thanks in advance !

shelldrake
6th August 2008, 03:28 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shelldrake @ Aug 6 2008, 12:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=571990)</div>
Hey Guys,

Does anyone have the part number for a rwd trd head gasket (.5mm). I know they come in both .8mm and .5mm. They should also have different part numbers for fwd and rwd. I wish I had a trd catalogue. If it's and ae86 specific part number it will obviously be rwd. (Before someone says a head gasket has nothing to do with the engine config, I have it on good authority that the cooling holes are slightly different, which relates to flow direction) Many thanks in advance ![/b]

Seems like trd have a .5 and a .8 mm listing, but don't specify rwd... Maybe my source is incorrect...

Jonny Rochester
6th August 2008, 06:50 PM
Why do you need the part number? Surely you would prefer the actual part. The catalog is online anyhow. Maybe you need someone to order it for you. If you get stuck, I'm sure Penrith Toyota can order it for you.

ae86trueno
6th August 2008, 07:02 PM
listed as a generic 4ag part,

Have been using a TRD 0.5 since the last rebuild, and has done 2 years of racing,
and no problems, i also run an underdrive pulley to slow it all down at high rpm.

Ben.

Gilly
6th August 2008, 10:49 PM
TRD 0.5mm HG = 11115-AE824

shelldrake
7th August 2008, 12:05 AM
I want to be able to confirm that there is actually a rwd gasket as such. Perhaps it's XXXXXX-AE86X ? *(fill in the X's) :P

SpotterOne
7th August 2008, 11:06 AM
I'm fairly certain that there is no difference. I have 4 engine blocks in my garage at the moment, and I have no clue which one is FWD or RWD (they are all completely stripped).

Every time I've ordered a head gasket or decompression shim, I've never specified a car model or engine configuration. I've just said 4AGE 16v.

Come to think of it, the 16v smallport and the 20v silvertop blocks are the same, and they are installed both ways.

There are only the 2 part numbers for TRD Head Gaskets, and they only relate to 4AGE engines. There is no indication of FWD or RWD.

Gilly
7th August 2008, 03:51 PM
google the part number. it directs you to a few 86 sites/builds etc where that part number is quoted. its 4AGE specific not AE86/82/92

shelldrake
7th August 2008, 04:44 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gilly @ Aug 7 2008, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=572544)</div>
google the part number. it directs you to a few 86 sites/builds etc where that part number is quoted. its 4AGE specific not AE86/82/92[/b]

I'm not saying they can't be used, but I had heard that a "rwd" one was slightly different, but if no one has heard of it... fair enough. I saw that trd listed only engine type, not fwd/rwd specific. but it would be interesting if the toyota catalogue listed the standard hg as different part numbers.

Ru-iki
9th August 2008, 03:46 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shelldrake @ Aug 7 2008, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=572557)</div>
I'm not saying they can't be used, but I had heard that a "rwd" one was slightly different, but if no one has heard of it... fair enough. I saw that trd listed only engine type, not fwd/rwd specific. but it would be interesting if the toyota catalogue listed the standard hg as different part numbers.[/b]

Ive heard of this. Not 100 percent on it, but I have heard of it.

shelldrake
10th August 2008, 08:51 PM
Ok, so I clarified with a mate - The difference is with the 20v gasket compared to the 16v. my bad.

shinny
11th August 2008, 01:27 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shelldrake @ Aug 10 2008, 07:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=573843)</div>
Ok, so I clarified with a mate - The difference is with the 20v gasket compared to the 16v. my bad.[/b]

oil gallery holes are different i think..?

20v
11th August 2008, 09:21 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shinny @ Aug 11 2008, 12:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=574019)</div>
oil gallery holes are different i think..?[/b]
It's actually a few of the water gallery holes that are different, The oil gallery holes are the same.