PDA

View Full Version : snapped stud on camber top.

dunga70
9th August 2008, 05:03 PM
somehow i managed to snap a stud on the camber top..
is it still ok to drive with the 2 remaining studs.? can the broken stud be wound out and replaced or are they pressed in? anoyone got a broken or bent camber top or something. ??

70XIN
9th August 2008, 05:12 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dunga70 @ Aug 9 2008, 04:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=573380)</div>
somehow i managed to snap a stud on the camber top..
is it still ok to drive with the 2 remaining studs.? can the broken stud be wound out and replaced or are they pressed in? anoyone got a broken or bent camber top or something. ??[/b]

Yes, okay to drive, wouldn't do it often though .. fix asap :)

Yes, can be wound out

No, can't help on the last one :P

dunga70
9th August 2008, 05:29 PM
cheers. theres a job for tomoro.. suprise supsrise I'm working on my car again. have to drive it monday to work so have to try get it done tomoro. find a bolt or something around. also looking for annother cambertop..

ke70dave
10th August 2008, 11:02 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dunga70 @ Aug 9 2008, 04:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=573393)</div>
cheers. theres a job for tomoro.. suprise supsrise I'm working on my car again. have to drive it monday to work so have to try get it done tomoro. find a bolt or something around. also looking for annother cambertop..[/b]

Why are you looking for a new cambertop?

its just the bolt....

you don't look for a new diff when you snap a wheel studd?

i drove around with NO studd in my camber top for months (When i borrowed bahnuggets coilovers, and hes been driving like that for years...)

its ok because all the pressure is pushing it up into the strut tower.

obviously not optimal but easy fix. just go to the bolt shop and get a proper high tensile bolt, just be careful you get the right length or else when you slam your bonnet you'll get a nice dent (like my bonnet has!!! :angry: )

dunga70
10th August 2008, 12:46 PM
studs on camber tops do not screw out.. they are pressed in and out. luck my neighbour has a press... anyway he pressed in a 86 stud from the standard hat. then i put it in the car.. did it up cause it was short it only went half way through the nut.. and stripped something... either the thread or the spline. the spline is also shorter on the 86 stud. so I'm gonna go suthern fasterners during the week get the right one and have him press it in again... hope it works out..