PDA

View Full Version : Abnormal loud noise on full lock

Loopy
9th August 2008, 07:36 PM
I'm unsure on whether this is gonna make sence but i'll give it a shot.

I have a 1985 adm sprinter, which has had the 4age transplant, it also has CA S13 front coilovers/brake set up. What is happening is, as i'm nearing full lock at carpark speeds i hear a loud continuously knock/scrubbing tyre noise (it also tends to feel like its restricting the cars movement). which makes me come to the conclusion possibley the tyres are scrubbing, but when i look at it when its parked with the wheels pointed either way i can't seem to see what could possibley rubbing. Please don't burn me, just got the beast. I had it on the hoist today putting a box/clutch in it, strut wise the bottom of the strut is extremely close to the stabiliser bar bush/mounting point could that be part of the issue? Any help would be much appreciated, hoping i made some sence..

Cheers guys

70XIN
9th August 2008, 07:43 PM
yeah, rubbing

will be somewhere on the inside, if you take off a wheel and look inside the guard you will see some shiny steel where the tyres have rubbed off paint ;)

no dramas

Loopy
9th August 2008, 07:52 PM
Yeh i can see that, i just thought that they're may be more to it, cheers, may have to invest in some spacers. see how it goes.

orange32
9th August 2008, 10:40 PM
hit it with a hammer and it should give a bit more clearance depending where its scrubbing. Works for me

rthy
9th August 2008, 11:59 PM
theres two places I would sujest looking:

1- where the last corner of the bumper bolts upwards into the gaurd, this is a reason why every sprinter with decent sized wheels has a cable tie or two in that corner

3- the back side of the wheel wheel, under the plastic theres a lip that people often bash with a hammer.

Loopy
10th August 2008, 01:17 AM
Yep, cheer for ya suggestions dude, I'm gonna check it out tommorow :)

Loopy
10th August 2008, 01:18 AM
Yep, cheer for ya suggestions dude, I'm gonna check it out tommorow :)

Loopy
10th August 2008, 03:07 PM
Abit of panel beating inside the wheel arch area with my trusty shifter did the job :) cheers !

Still abit of a knock from both front suspension strut area's at higher speed cornering on U-turn type turns. Thinking my pencil thin stabiliser bar may need an upgrade to sort that out.

Anyone recomend somewhere in perth pref NOR that i could nab one of these from? As well as someone that could hook me up with extractor/full exhaust set up for drift? :)

Nikkojoe
10th August 2008, 11:13 PM
loopy, if you use msn add me to your list (check my profile for my email)

riceburner
11th August 2008, 03:35 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Loopy @ Aug 10 2008, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=573679)</div>
As well as someone that could hook me up with extractor/full exhaust set up for drift? :)[/b]

exhaust set up for drift?

johl
11th August 2008, 04:43 PM
he wants sideways extractors :unsure: