PDA

View Full Version : anyone think the new sit is much the same as HR?

Clinton
20th August 2008, 03:46 PM
it seems to me this 'new' website bears an uncanny resemblence.

keto
20th August 2008, 03:47 PM
they look nothing alike :\

Clinton
20th August 2008, 03:49 PM
just MO thats all..

samuel
20th August 2008, 04:00 PM
Noted and dismissed

Seriously, nothing even like it.

I wonder where that comment even came from

ke70dave
20th August 2008, 04:03 PM
you wanna get banned again clinton?

i expected better from you mate....

as for the new look

looks great nick, keep up the good work, the work you do is fantastic :2thumbs:

ae82
20th August 2008, 04:27 PM
the carbon one? looks ok, but too dark, not good for long time reading

Bobomacho
20th August 2008, 04:39 PM
simple yet effective is the way to go. looks the shiznit so far

patience
20th August 2008, 04:46 PM
Looks the same to me :huh:

samuel
20th August 2008, 04:55 PM
Its been reverted because It didn't work the way I wanted it to

I'll have to do some more brainstorming.

I thought the carbon look would work seeing as like 70% of the foreground was the same colour

riojin
20th August 2008, 05:15 PM
don't make the background dark. itll be anoying to read

samuel
20th August 2008, 05:17 PM
But the text is still on a light colour

I don't understand

jasstv
20th August 2008, 05:17 PM
it looks great!

monkae86
20th August 2008, 05:24 PM
Id rather look at a black background and light writing than a white background, dark writing...

looks good nick, way better than the old one :)

samuel
20th August 2008, 05:54 PM
I need a graphics person to work with on this.

My coding skills are great but my graphics skills are crap...

And before you tell me to use Hao, he reckons he is flat out...

So if anyone else reckons they have the webdesign skills to skin a forum, please step up.

keto
20th August 2008, 06:10 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nick @ Aug 20 2008, 04:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=577706)</div>
I need a graphics person to work with on this.

My coding skills are great but my graphics skills are crap...

And before you tell me to use Hao, he reckons he is flat out...

So if anyone else reckons they have the webdesign skills to skin a forum, please step up.[/b]

when i get home (at tafe atm) i'll pm you nick, if you need help

the dark carbon was fine, though the links needed to be changed to light colour, if not i can make the carbon lighter.

if need be, i can also edit the top banners to then go with the dark/carbon theme. the blue at the moment doesnt fit,

cheers

af300e
20th August 2008, 07:03 PM
And for some reason the changes have caused the thread list page to require you scroll across to read who made the last post etc. I know it's probably being seen to, but thought I'd bring it up just in case.

riojin
20th August 2008, 07:09 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nick @ Aug 20 2008, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=577693)</div>
But the text is still on a light colour

I don't understand[/b]

it hurts my eyes, and is also bad for them. (it also looks very tacky)

in the beginning when i was searching for an ae86 forums i saw this site and hr. i choose this site because it was easier on the eyes compared to hr.

its your site so do what you wish, but i wont be able to stand looking at it. hopefully you will give us a choice of skins in the near future if you do decide to keep the carbon

keto
20th August 2008, 07:27 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (af300e @ Aug 20 2008, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=577744)</div>
And for some reason the changes have caused the thread list page to require you scroll across to read who made the last post etc. I know it's probably being seen to, but thought I'd bring it up just in case.[/b]

i don't get that.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (riojin @ Aug 20 2008, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=577748)</div>
it hurts my eyes, and is also bad for them. (it also looks very tacky)

in the beginning when i was searching for an ae86 forums i saw this site and hr. i choose this site because it was easier on the eyes compared to hr.

its your site so do what you wish, but i wont be able to stand looking at it. hopefully you will give us a choice of skins in the near future if you do decide to keep the carbon[/b]

i personally agree not to go with the carbon, purely because i really don't see how carbon/carbon themes apply to AE86s... this is not the fast and furious tuning yo people on here that do use carbon fibre, its usually covered and you wouldn't even know.

as for easy on the eyes. i really don't have prob with AE86DC or HR and its safe to say nick is not trying to be like them, i have know idea what some of you are on about when you say their similar. if anything with the carbon we were heading towards a NS (hardtuned) style

if anything the backdrop should be something like some ghetto sheet metal with a few cable ties here and there :P

(just my opinion, like yours)

v-tec
20th August 2008, 07:57 PM
my bad just first impressions, i just really like the old site colour & layout. it can't be possible to advance the original layout instead of a full makeover?

Roku_70
20th August 2008, 08:26 PM
man the new home page is sweet. i suppose it needed a change, but anyways, it looks great.

GAKI86
21st August 2008, 01:53 PM
bah whatever people who keep bitchin about colors are gay...

samuel
21st August 2008, 03:50 PM
More to come. Currently rethinking design.