PDA

View Full Version : coil and ignitor

Fozz
25th August 2008, 07:16 PM
hey guys

my car suddenly lost spark today broke down on a round about anyways i checked and there is no spark coming from the coil and i wanted to see if the coil was broken or the ignitor was broken is there any way to test it? also what would cause it to suddenly lose spark. just before this happend my mechanic fixed my dizzy by switching around the wires which made my car run perfect so i was driving for about 5 mins and then it just stopped and now my car is broken again :(

Roku_70
25th August 2008, 07:41 PM
man get your car sorted already!!! hahaha. i will come have a look this week if you want. ill call ya

ke70dave
25th August 2008, 08:01 PM
I'm sorry yes i was completely wrong... i don't even know why i said it

obviously the ground is only there when the dizzy grounds the wire, to calapse the magnetic field etc.

so yes if you have continuous ground at the negative side of the coil then you have a problem....

i do believe that checking the positive side for 12V is a good start though

sorry again for the miss information, and any misleading that may have been caused.

Medicine_Man
25th August 2008, 08:43 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ke70dave @ Aug 25 2008, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=579695)</div>
coils and ignitors just don't break....very often...

make sure you got power to the positive side of the coil and a link to ground on the negative side

next check out a wiring diagram (Thats right find the 4age manual, and find the diagram), and find out which pins on the ignitor are supposed to get power, and make sure its happening.

did you change anything to "break" it?

maybe you just blew a fuse....[/b]

What you said there about ground to the negative side is completely wrong. Obviously you don't know how a coil works so I would suggest you don't feed people the wrong information if you don't know what you are talking about.

That said I have already offered once before but you didn't seem interested in me coming to help sort it out?

Fozz
25th August 2008, 09:25 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Medicine_Man @ Aug 25 2008, 07:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=579722)</div>
What you said there about ground to the negative side is completely wrong. Obviously you don't know how a coil works so I would suggest you don't feed people the wrong information if you don't know what you are talking about.

That said I have already offered once before but you didn't seem interested in me coming to help sort it out?[/b]

i was but i had my mechanic try and fix it first but he's not to good with 4age's so yeah ill send u a pm now

cheers