PDA

View Full Version : 20v silvertop oil pump

350hp4agte
26th August 2008, 06:50 PM
please help i assume toyota but if anyone has brought one how much was it and do you have a part number

Jonny Rochester
27th August 2008, 10:56 AM
Without looking this up, I expect it is the same as the 16v oil pump, or similar enough. You may be best to get a second hand 4age oil pump. I expect you could buy the actual oil pump gears new, of which there are a few different versions.

May look up... need to reload software...

Sprinter86
27th August 2008, 01:31 PM
I bought a second hand silvertop one when my smallport one shat itself, cracked it open and it was identical to the smallport one. from what i understant the blacktop gears are a different design to the silvertop, probably better.
i couldnt find a genuine one new.
u can get non-genuine ones though. don't know p/n unfortunatly.

350hp4agte
27th August 2008, 06:24 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sprinter86 @ Aug 27 2008, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=580431)</div>
I bought a second hand silvertop one when my smallport one shat itself, cracked it open and it was identical to the smallport one. from what i understant the blacktop gears are a different design to the silvertop, probably better.
i couldnt find a genuine one new.
u can get non-genuine ones though. don't know p/n unfortunatly.[/b]

there is nothing wrong with mine at the moment, so I'm not in the market for a second hand one, i've just spent upwords of 10g on it and really would like a new one in there b4 it goes back together

Jonny Rochester
28th August 2008, 12:21 AM
10G!!!! Still, I think it will be fine to pull the old one apart, and check the clearances as per the service manual. I doubt the housing itself would need replacing. Replace the gears if you want to spend money. And pay some attention to the oil pressure releif valve!!!! Some rebuilders fill the oil pump with vasaline if the engine is going to be on the shelf for a while. Not sure if I would do that or not, its ment to ensure oil pressure on first start up.

70XIN
28th August 2008, 05:06 PM
I'd check clearances (as per Johnny's post)

Open oil pump and fill with assembly lube or other

Since you're particularly worried, as i am about my own motor, you could also get the housing/gears cryo treated. Although you might also think its just black magic, i know i'll be doing it

I'd hate to pop a $XXXXX motor over a tiny crack in a gear