View Full Version : Focus_7's AE86

focus_7
2nd September 2008, 10:49 PM
Decided I should make a thread to show off my boring old AE86 that is poo compared to all these other sweet rides i've seen.

I'm the third owner of the car and have had it for a year now, when I got it the old 4-ac was in a bad state, and since i didn't have the money for a Twin-cam I got the 4-ac completely rebuilt and now it runs sweetly. Like most 23 year old cars its got some rust in places, and that makes me sad, theres a few dints and the paint on the roof is a bit gay but with time and money hopefully I'll be able to straighten the car up to like new condition.

I'm pretty sure its ADM with everything stock, but i just noticed that in the photo of the front of the car the right headlight is different to the left. Pictures were taken today after a full clean, cut & polish and Wax. Its the best looking my cars ever been while I've owned it, for some reason the front left wheel looks alot nicer than the rest (besides the centre cap).

On the way there is a new double barrel carby for the 4-ac, a digital instrument cluster & a Momo Steering wheel. Aren't Birthdays great!

Wish List (no particular order)
Toyota Badge for the front grille
Smallport/20v/Beams engine (just not a 4-AC!)
Exhaust
Suspension needs stiffening, atm has heaps of body roll
Wheels with Dish!
Full repair of rust and repaint.
If only I had money...

marvis
2nd September 2008, 11:18 PM
Looks like a good base. I would bump sussy up on the list.

marvis.

focus_7
2nd September 2008, 11:21 PM
yeh, the wish list wasn't in any order, but I know the first 2 things I'd like to do would be Suspension and a Full repaint and rust repair, if I had the expertise and the time I'd do it myself.

RolandGTV85
10th September 2008, 07:39 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (focus_7 @ Sep 2 2008, 11:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=583075)</div>
yeh, the wish list wasn't in any order, but I know the first 2 things I'd like to do would be Suspension and a Full repaint and rust repair, if I had the expertise and the time I'd do it myself.[/b]

Hmmm paint looks pretty good apart from the roof, I wouldnt be in a rush to spend cash on a full paint job, just touch it up and cut the rust. Im sure you have heaps more to do to it.

Intense
14th September 2008, 02:41 PM
Where's the rust?

focus_7
15th September 2008, 12:01 AM
Small Rust hole under the hatch, between the strut support and the bottom of the hatch on the left, a 5c piece sized rust spot on the left rear tyre.

None of those a spreading.

Recently found, rust spot developing under the left window rubber seal , water gets through to the plastic trim where the hook for hanging jackets is.

Intense
15th September 2008, 12:26 AM
nip em in the but before they get worse. Shouldn't cost much to get them fixed.

focus_7
15th September 2008, 05:48 PM
Got some Photos of the rust

All but the last photo its easy to see where. In the last photo the rust is actually concealed under the seal which is concerning.